RC Enthusiast

Jato 2.5 wheels/tires?

Hey all,

I'll be getting an old Jato 3.3 from a friend in a few days, and it still has the Anaconda tires it had when he bought it. I've heard these aren't all that good for off-roading which is the majority of what I'll be doing. Is there anywhere I can get the old wheels/tires from the Jato 2.5? Can't find the name of them anywhere. I always loved the look of those and I'd say they'll run much better off-road. Also, just to confirm, they'll fit the 3.3 right? Thanks all!

PS, feel free to list any other solid off-road tires that you all recommend. Thanks again!

The Parts List may come in handy. The 2.5 Jato model is #5510.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    When I run my Jato off road I use the back tires off of my Rustler, they work pretty good and are cheap and easy to find.
    Slash 4x4 - 4
    Nitro Rustler - 5
    Jato 3.3
    Summit

RC Racer
    Just get you some proline dirthawgs all the way around. They are $30 a set rim/tire preglued, and you can get them for the front and rear. Just make sure the front has bearings, not 12mm hex. They're awesome all around tires.

I think I expected too much out of tires when I first got a jato. Didn't seem to matter what tires I put on it, in the dirt, the thing would just spin around all the time. I ended up going with 1/8 buggy wheels/tires with adapters and run badlands on it. I don't run in dirt much anymore since I don't have any around, but they really dig in sand and wheelie like mad in the grass.

I mostly run at parks now in the grass, so I have pro-line street 1/8th buggy on the front and badlands on the rear. Having badlands all around caused a lot of traction rolls when turning in the grass.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

If it we're me I would go with Proline 2.2 trenchers on traxxas wheels for the back and proline electrons on the front. That's the setup that I run on my 3.3 rustler and they seem to work really well off road. Plus if you put them on the Traxxas 5 spoke wheels they look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RCMad72 View Post
    If it we're me I would go with Proline 2.2 trenchers on traxxas wheels for the back and proline electrons on the front. That's the setup that I run on my 3.3 rustler and they seem to work really well off road. Plus if you put them on the Traxxas 5 spoke wheels they look really good.
    Got any photo's of them installed?

I had a really nice set of tires for a while. They were from the OFNA blazer. Taller and wider than typical buggy tires as it was kind of a first draft "truggy" way back when. I really liked how they hooked up and handled the jumps, but they wore out on me.

Finding those now would be like finding a unicorn. They weren't that easy to find 7 years ago!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

yeah sorry don't have a photo bucket account yet but I'm sure you could find some pics of them on Google

sorry didn't realize just how many "five spoke wheels" Traxxas makes, the ones that I run are the Pro-Stars.