Thread: Summit Axles

RC poster

Summit Axles

I broke the left front axle again, second time in a month. What are guys using for replacement? Staying stock or going with a MIP axle #9168. Will the cvds for erevo work? Thanks.

Go LEM. Mip have a long history of breaking in the summit.
    I "think" its due to the extreme angles the summit experiences compared to the flatter angled erevo.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Champion
    6yrs stock"ish".... I don't know what your doing different then me

LEM for the most part but they are experiencing start up wo's so stock comes and goes. other then that hot racing might be up to par, haven't heard what anything about them. or maybe its a slipper clutch issue/

either way best of luck
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC poster
    I'm still running the stock axles. They're only $4 apiece to replace. The diffs would cost a LOT more and be much harder to repair.

RC Champion
    4 years on stokers and never broke a front just a rear and always of my dooing. Like said above axles is cheaper than diff

RC poster
    I broke a front one. It was in low gear with locked diffs, literally tearing its way through tall grass. One particular tuft of grass was too strong and bound-up the front tire too well and the axle snapped. That's the only problem I've ever had with the stock axles.