RC Enthusiast

can't turn off TSM using multi function knob?

It's like the multi function knob is not working or something I want the TSM off but the knob seems to have no effect on it.

RC Qualifier
    Place the multifunction knob at 100%.
    Lift the truck off the ground, give it some throttle and release the throttle.
    Now spin the truck left and right, do the front wheels turn turn left & right?
    Do the same thing with the multifunction knob at 0%.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

RC Enthusiast
    yep they turn the same amount no matter where I set the knob. And it does it with 2 different receivers. The transmitter I'm using is the TQi one hat came with my vxl rustler that came with TSM installed. I have tried resetting the transmitter to the rustler mode.. and tried switching the multifunction switch to the steering exponential but that didn't do anything either.
    Last edited by skipper69; 06-05-2016 at 09:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper69 View Post
    yep they turn the same amount no matter where I set the knob. And it does it with 2 different receivers. The transmitter I'm using is the TQi one hat came with my vxl rustler that came with TSM installed. I have tried resetting the transmitter to the rustler mode.. and tried switching the multifunction switch to the steering exponential but that didn't do anything either.
    The Multi-Function Knob can be assigned to several different Functions but only one at a time. It's possible your Knob is assigned to a different function, it's also possible it doesn't work. The simplest solution is to called Traxxas and let them troubleshoot it for you.

Your Owner's Manual, found HERE shows how to program the Multi-Function Knob on page 33. The easiest way to program it, is to install the Link Module and Traxxas Link App. Then you can do it from your phone or other device.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

Quote Originally Posted by skipper69 View Post
    I get the feeling you have swapped a tsm receiver from one
    truck to another and if that's true, you'll have to update the
    receiver and transmitter for the truck it's in now. You'll need
    bluetooth for that.

RC Racer
    having this very same issue . i have a traxxas tsm system in a non traxxas vehicle . not that it should matter . switching a tx/rx combo from one vehicle to another should effect nothing .
    slash P 4x4/cen colossus/rustler vxl/arrma kraton