RC poster

E-maxx motor swap

So I have an e-maxx and I'm wondering if anyone has ever put the 1600xl motor from the x-maxx in. I already have the motor and esc and I know there is a motor mount that kershaw designs sells. Let me know if anyone has done it.

RC Racer
    I'm curious about this also, I have an X-Maxx that will eventually get new electronics so I planned to move the stock stuff into my E-Maxx. I worry about what tt3 mentioned...how will the truck hold up to the power since the main thing I haven't changed are the diffs.

RC poster
    Would anyone have an idea of what spur and pinion gear setup would be good and can hold the power? I'm gonna be swapping with in the next week or two

It will not fit. The motor is too big, unless you make a special motor mount. Not to mention you'll have a much higher CoG to deal with having all that weight so high.

The other issue, the 1600 is going to be slower than the 2200 if you can get it mounted. You'll need a pretty big pinion gear to get the same speed and I'm pretty sure the drive line won't be strong enough with that huge motor. I would recommend the 2200 motor.

Let us know if you get it to work. I doubt anyone else will do it but would still be fun to watch.
    "RED"