RC Racer

Drive shaft thread?

I have two Slash 4x4's. One has the MIP X Duty shafts already (SW8 and 1650kv). My new platinum has the stock plastic and I'm running a 3800kv motor. I usually run 3s on it, but once in awhile I'll go to an indoor track that only allows 2s. From what I've seen on here, MIP or Tekno's are winning the popular choice awards. I'm probably going to gat another set of MIP X Duty, but just wanted to look around first. Just wanted some suggestions and/or thread links?
    Slash 4x4 MMP SCT 3800kv/Sidewinder 8 CC 2650kv

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    MIP X Duty are the best, but they are the heaviest... If the weight is a concern, then the Teknos are the next best thing.....

The Traxxas CVDs seem to be ok as well... but stay away from anything else.....

On the track you can get away with running the stock axles on 2s no problem. I prefer them as they are the lightest / cheapest choice.
    I run them all the time although I have to run the slipper loose on road or I also run the center diff onroad w/100k in it.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC Racer
    With the Teknos, it looks like you have to use their plastic hubs.... I like my blue aluminum. hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by bzissurfing View Post
    With the Teknos, it looks like you have to use their plastic hubs.... I like my blue aluminum. hmmm?
    You can use the aluminum carriers from the XO1, they have the larger axles and bearings, stock won't work with Teknos, that's why I run MIP's
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

RC Racer
    I'll probably go for another set of MIP X-duty. I bash around on 3s more than I "race" on the indoor track with a 2s.

RC Racer
    MIP also has the race duty that sheds a little weight.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaavisto View Post
    MIP also has the race duty that sheds a little weight.
    while I love my X duty, I will say DO NOT GET THE RACE DUTIES!!!! THE RACE DUTIES ARE GARBAGE!!!!!

RC Racer
    Why are the garbage?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

im loving my tekno m6 ... i too wanted to keep my aluminum and you can on the front, just get the slightly smaller bearing and done (ive forgotten the size but its in this forum i believe) - the rears im stuck with the tekno plastic, they are really beefy and ive never broke them so i dont mind anymore - cheaper setup too i beleive (i also paid for the tekno aluminum hexs) - ive heard the 17mm hex conversion kit for the tekno m6's is awesome in case thats something your looking into down the road

RC Racer
    I ordered the MIP X Duties. They seem to be the strongest and I'm not a race competitor, so the extra weight is fine. I also ordered a set of 17mm adapters for my 8th scale build. One of the forums guys said, "The addiction is real" or something along those lines and that's true! Addicted to modifying these trucks!

I have run Mip's for five years now! I absolutely love them! In fact the very first set of Mip's that I bought are on my current truck! Could the phrase you are talking about be, " Welcome to the forum and the addiction!" ?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Yup, that's it El Sob. Got a couple of my friends and my brother "hooked" on it now. My brother has a chemical and mechanical engineering degree, can't wait for his input on things.

RC Qualifier
    I ripped one of my plastic driveshafts off the steel yokes tonight and although not broken it looks like I will need new driveshafts. I want to get the MIP XDUTY. And for my slash 4x4 I bash on 3s so what maintenance is there after every session?

Look at all that play!

I should mention ive bashed with 3s extremely hard with my Tekno M6's and the odd 4s speed run...think im coming up on 2 years and not a single issue with them! well i had to switch to aluminum hex which in turn stripped a wheel thanks to a crappy wheel nut lol but not a single issue with tekno m6, and i have done nothing for regular maintenance on them other then my complete slash overhaul i sprayed some wd40 in the wheel hub

but i also hear the xdutys are near unstoppable as well, I just cant comment as i dont have em

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by whitie_bear View Post
    but i also hear the xdutys are near unstoppable as well, I just cant comment as i dont have em
    Only down side of the x duties is the weight....

RC poster
    Tekno RC are worth it and absolutely amazing. Investing a few dollars to go with a lighter drive shaft will pay dividends as it will create less load on the drive train and not impact the handling characteristics of the vehicle as would a heavier drive shaft system. So improved performance and it will make your drive train components last longer.