RC poster

Question 1200 or 1800 mAh for Teton

Looking to buy an extra battery or two for our LaTrax Tetons. The truck is supplied with 1200 mAh batteries which cost ~$20 each whilst the 1800mAh versions are $12ish. By my reckoning the 1800 should give 50% more run time, so is there any reason they can't be used in the LaTrax vehicles?

Welcome to the forums! If the 1800mAh is the same size as the 1200mAh there shouldn't be a problem.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    Welcome to the forums! If the 1800mAh is the same size as the 1200mAh there shouldn't be a problem.
    I've ordered two, I guess I'll find out!

Also if you plan on going brushless, you're going to need to get better differentials. I had mine brushless with a lipo and it was a constant buying diffs. Even just driving on the street because it's too light for off roading, diffs always break. And I wasn't going to put fluid in it because they aren't sealed..

RC poster
    Any updates? Do they fit?

RC Racer
    I recently searched the Traxxas batteries and found this 1800mAh part # 2919 which has same plug as stock one, but it is bigger, so it doesn't fit Teton. Stock battery for Teton is 2925A. Want longer run times, buy another battery!
    Specs for 2919:
    Length: 134mm (5.3")
    Width: 47mm (1.9")
    Height: 24mm (0.94")
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴