RC Enthusiast

Servo buzz only on full lock in one direction?

Hi guys. Just got my new erbe (56086-4) out of the box and centered my servos as per this vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g

All is looking good, all aligned etc. No buzzing at rest, no buzzing when full lock in one direction, but when turned full lock in the opposite direction, there is distinct buzzing in the servos. Also, just looking by eye, at full lock in the buzzing direction, there is slightly more range of motion than when fully lock in the opposite, non buzzing direction. We are talking a very small amount of difference but it is there . Not sure what to do.Sorry if this is confusing, if so let me know I will take a video of the problem.(can't right now).

Any help much appreciated, thank you.

Mine does the same on my Rustler. I'm not an expert but I think it's just it doesn't have enough torque for fine adjustments. Since my rustler weighs 8 pounds it's harder for my servo.

RC Competitor
    Adjust your endpoints correctly and align the car and it should go away.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Are you using dual servos, if so it is possible that they have gone out of sync and are fighting against one another.

To eliminate this you could do a single servo mod, using an strc single servo arm and stronger metal geared , prefferably single servo more than 250 oz in torque; either hitec, futaba , savox.
    Live life to the fullest

I think this happens on every rc until you adjust endpoints. All RCs will have a maximum steering throw and if your servo is trying to turn the wheels past that point, its going to buzz. So maybe a simple endpoint adjustment is all thats needed.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks guys first off I will look into adjusting my end points

RC Enthusiast
    Update:

Adjusted my end point to be the same as the other side, there is still very slight 'chattering' or 'humming' when full locked in the problem direction, the noise comes and goes too. Is a slight noise a problem i should be worried about?

Also, i have found that the servo making the noise is the opposite side servo, the ones thats 'pushing' at the time.

If your worried about the slight noise, reduce enpoints more but i think your fine.

Heres how i setup mine. I adjust the linkages so the servos are not fighting each other when in neutral position and the servo horns are centered as best as i can. Then i turn full lock and usually get buzzing in one or both directions. So i turn endpoint down a little and turn full lock again. Keep adjusting and testing until im getting just a slight buzz at full lock.

So if your getting only a little buzz then i would leave it and be happy.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    If your worried about the slight noise, reduce enpoints more but i think your fine.

Heres how i setup mine. I adjust the linkages so the servos are not fighting each other when in neutral position and the servo horns are centered as best as i can. Then i turn full lock and usually get buzzing in one or both directions. So i turn endpoint down a little and turn full lock again. Keep adjusting and testing until im getting just a slight buzz at full lock.

So if your getting only a little buzz then i would leave it and be happy.
    Ok done. Was coming to the same conclusion. Yeah that's how I done the setup, same procedure you mentioned. Thank you for your time, all you guys!