RC Racer

Drove ERBE into pool...

I drove my ERBE in my pool. I thought it was waterproof but it isn't working. It was fully submerged. It turns on but the switch for the ESC doesn't work (to turn it off and on) and it has no function. The receiver light is just red. It turns on and ESC fan turns on but doesn't make the chime that it usually does. Just looking for some input. Thanks

Try putting all the electronics in a bag of dry rice, and if there's any moisture left in it it will pull it out. Try testing them after letting sit for a few days, and if not you still get the same result, then it's done. I bet it's water in the receiver.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Its not a boat or a submarine u know.
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

Lol agreed. I will never submerge my truck even though ive made it as waterproof as possible.

Dry everything out as well as you can and hopefully it works again afterwards. I'll bet your motor filled with water too so you may want to open that up and investigate.

You should use rubbing alcohol to wash and dry everything.

Chlorine is also super corrosive so the sooner you get everything washed and dried out the better.

If you dont mind not having a switch, you can cut out the switch and connect the wires together effectively bypassing the switch. This just means that your battery plug will be your new on off switch.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Champion
    The ESC switch is not waterproof, so isn't the receiver. The rubber seal on the RX box might be not well seated or missing.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    What about the batteries. Are they ok if I just let them dry? I haven't messed with it since but I think I probably just need a new receiver which is no big deal

RC poster
    Batteries should be OK, submerged my lipos and nimhs multiple times.
    Just let them dry before charging them.
    BL E-Revo, BL Telluride, Bandit