RC Racer

Battery upgrades?

I was thinking about getting a couple 1800mah batteries for my latrax sst. Will they give me more run time or just be a waste? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    More run time yes, question is if they will fit
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by invento123 View Post
    More run time yes, question is if they will fit
    Why yes that is a good question..

RC poster
    After researching this quite a bit I ended up buying the Traxxas 2200 battery because I could not find anything that would provide a longer life and still fit in the trucks. It is absolutely perfect as far as size is concerned because it's so snug you don't even have to screw if down.

Once they get back in stock I'm gonna buy a gens ace 2200 so I can compare the two.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrojen View Post
    After researching this quite a bit I ended up buying the Traxxas 2200 battery because I could not find anything that would provide a longer life and still fit in the trucks. It is absolutely perfect as far as size is concerned because it's so snug you don't even have to screw if down.

Once they get back in stock I'm gonna buy a gens ace 2200 so I can compare the two.
    Oh sweet! Thanks! I've been needing a new battery so I'm going to look into this!

RC poster
    Did it improve the speed much?

RC Champion
    2200 2s lipo should improve speed nicely, but how well does stock ESC and motor handle it?
    Vaterra Team Driver
    Meow

RC poster
    ive been running 2200 in my prerunner drift car for a while and I love it good run times. I now hove a castle esc and a racestar brushless 8200kv motor only part I have ever broken was a plastic drive shaft and I superglued it and wrapped it in electrical tape and it holds up just fine