RC Enthusiast

Took mine out for the first time....

Only accessible lake was one with visible stumps in a few places...I fired up the GoPro and put her in the water...after a few slow runs to "break it in", I got on it some....truly impressive. My only issue was horrible chine walking, but I am 100% sure that is due to the batteries slipping out of the velcro straps....I will have to remedy that. I ran it some more and decided to venture out a bit further. Mistake. At about half throttle I hit a small stump that was sticking out about 6 inches. Could not see it from shore but the GoPro sure picked it up lol. I will leave these pics here for now as a teaser, and when the video finishes uploading I will put the link up. No damage (except chipped paint) occurred to the boat. First pic is right before impact...

RC Racer
    Sorry for the crash, but that,s some really cool pictures.

RC Racer
    That looks like my luck.

RC Enthusiast
    Luckily just chipped paint and damaged pride is all that happened. My heart sank when it flipped....believe it or not the prop wash propelled it back to shore. I made sure to do it in short bursts as there was no water going through the cooling tubes due to it being upside down lol...

RC Qualifier
    whenever I ran my Spartan I always had the extra straps in the boat and used them to hold the round foam pipe insulation that would keep the batteries in place. They would also add just a small amount of flotation in case of blowover.

RC Racer
    That's good to know about the prop wash, another retrieval method. The only problem I've had was running it out of range, I walked the shore until I got the signal back.

RC Racer
    Great pics!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks lol