RC Racer

Here's my dilema - No FPV

I've been looking at drones for 2 days. All burned out
    Initially I was set on the Aton, till I saw FPV and goggles, which to me is another dimension to drones. What I really like about the Aton is the support, availability of parts and mostly, the Run time. Some of the racing drones appeal to me, but I didn't realize the run time was 5 minutes, which is ridiculous.

I've seen a couple videos on installing FPV into the Aton, which looks like a hack. My questions.

1. I know there is a JST connector on the Aton. Can you power your FPV from this JST connection and not have to use an external battery to power the FPV mechanism? I thought I read that you could do this, but the connection would suffer from interference. I would have to set this up so it's neat and there isn't wires all over the place.

2. As far as I know, there is the receiver that goes on the aton, that the camera plugs into and the transmitter is on the headset? Or do I have that backwards.

Sorry for my ignorance, trying to learn.

RC Qualifier
    the transmitter for FPV would be on the aton. the goggles generally have a built in receiver.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    Yes you can use the power from the JST. I made a 1x2 pigtail so I can still plug in the gimbal when running both.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Go check out my thread on helipal all in one. Plugs right in and works. No additional battery needed but thinking of one for more flight time.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer83L View Post
    the transmitter for FPV would be on the aton. the goggles generally have a built in receiver.
    I know with the Fat Shark Dominator goggles, the receiver was sold separately, I did not know that when I ordered my goggles and had to wait an extra week to get the receiver in. That is so you can pick between 5.8 GHz, 2.4 GHz, ect.. I would suggest 5.8 GHz for the Aton.

RC Qualifier
    5min is a lot of time when your nerves are jangling the entire flight. I started to really push my frame around tge traack the other day, battery was done in 3:30min. That was long enough lol

RC Racer
    3 minutes on the Aton?

RC Qualifier
    No. On a racer

RC Competitor
    I live in Buzzards Bay, If you want to check out an Aton first hand I could demo it if you haven't already seen one live

RC Racer
    5 minutes is plenty of time for an fpv race. Don't not buy a race drone because of battery life, you could always just buy multiple batteries lol id recommend this. Buy a latrax alias to learn. Aton to learn some more. Then buy a fpv racing drone when you have more experience.