RC Qualifier

M41 mods..... Pics

What is everyone's thought on stuffing a 4082 in here?
    Anyone finds mods available for this boat yet.

RC Enthusiast
    Loving mine so far. I think mod wise if it was made for the Spartan it should work on the M41....I'm about to order the dual pickup rudder for better water flow, and I have ordered an aftermarket water cooler for the can.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a 4082 and a SeaKing 180 that has never been run that might find it's way into the M41 if the Velineon dies.

RC Qualifier
    I also have the same motor and esc and will be installing them when my new boat arrives. Who has a dual pickup rudder for the boat or is it the same as the Spartan?

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't seen a specific dual pickup rudder for the M41, and am hoping it is the same as the Spartan lol. Guess I need to verify before I spend the money.

RC Qualifier
    The M41 rudder is longer than the Spartan, even longer than the dual pickup rudder for the Spartan.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I also have the same motor and esc and will be installing them when my new boat arrives. Who has a dual pickup rudder for the boat or is it the same as the Spartan?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    The M41 rudder is longer than the Spartan, even longer than the dual pickup rudder for the Spartan.
    Good to know, thanks for the info!

RC Qualifier
    That's why right now, I don't think i will be running my M41 until a dual pick up comes outs, because the surface temps in the Gulf of Mexico - shore line- can approach the 90s on hot days. I have all too well expereinced failures with the stock ESCs on my spartan's running stock, granted i wasn't running a high enough C rated batt to do the job a boat requires - i believe I was using 30C before i made the switch to Max Amps dual cores, but by that time i had upgraded all the electrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostmontanan View Post
    Good to know, thanks for the info!

RC poster
    Don't know if this will help but I put dual rudder on my spartan, I found long dual pickup rudders on fleabay they are 1 3/4 longer than the stock spartan. It is not a bolt on rudder you need to get creative cutting, grinding and drilling.The one mounting hole wound up between the two water outlet, which limits you to only a 2.5 mm screw. 13.00 not alot to pay for a rudder. Posting pic I am not good at.

These are the rudders I was talking about. Figured out how to post the pics. 12.99

Last edited by cooleocool; 06-23-2016 at 06:58 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Yeh but the rudder won't match up to the rudder bracket on the M41, which has a slanted mounting surface. To get that rudder to work you would have to use the rudder mount specific for that rudder - but that won't work because the rudder mount is likely flat where it attaches to the transom, and the transom of the m41 is slanted. See my pics.
    I have the 5 inch rudder on my spartan. The top photo rudder won't work it seems but the ones you have on your spartan look like they will work, but are they long enough? Where did you find those?
    Quote Originally Posted by flattrack View Post
    These are the rudders I was talking about. Figured out how to post the pics. 12.99

RC poster
    Guess I will have to find M41 to look at to understand what you are saying. I see the slanted mount to the hull, but to me the rudder looks like it is mounted the same as the spartan. These rudders are 160mm long end to end, got them on ebay 12.99ea China of course. The ones On my spartan are cut down 25mm longer than stock. I haven't run it yet, I may tonight.

I just look at the pics on Traxxas website and it looks like it mounts to the rudder support the same as the spartan. The rudders on my boat are the same ones in both pics. You need to cut, grind, drill holes to match the traxxas stock rudder.
    Last edited by flattrack; 06-22-2016 at 02:46 PM.

RC poster
    check out RCBoat bitz. They cant keep them in stock. Traxxas can you come out with a dual port rudder?

RC Qualifier
    I do not understand why everyone is overthinking this rudder thing. I simply opened up the rudder intake slot and fitting to flow more water. Then used larger hose from OSE and put a y in the boat. The motor and ESC are feed seperately and each get adequate water flow. I have dual water outlets so I can see the water flow. Even running a huge Octura x448 prop at full speeds my ESC temps are around 115 and the motor is around 85 degrees. I have solved the problem without hardly any cost and still use the stock rudder.

RC poster
    I do it because I enjoy it, and have more time on my hands being retired. Keeps the mind sharp.

RC Racer
    That's a hot or cold setup with the dual rudder and cooling line, but not sure it will work for the 41. Too much much going on with engineering.

RC Competitor
    Any idea if the rudder from the spartan is the same as for the M41?

RC poster
    The M41 is longer than the spartan. 100mm spartan 127mm M41. They both mount the same. Yes the M41 will fit the spartan.

RC Competitor
    I was hoping the spartan would fit the M41, I found a dual pick up made for the spartan

RC Competitor
    The guys at Kintec have the 5" dual pick rudder. I put it on mine and my spartan and it works great. With the 5' rudder, the chin walk problem goes away.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I do not understand why everyone is overthinking this rudder thing. I simply opened up the rudder intake slot and fitting to flow more water. Then used larger hose from OSE and put a y in the boat. The motor and ESC are feed seperately and each get adequate water flow. I have dual water outlets so I can see the water flow. Even running a huge Octura x448 prop at full speeds my ESC temps are around 115 and the motor is around 85 degrees. I have solved the problem without hardly any cost and still use the stock rudder.
    How did you open up the stock rudder? I was thinking to do the same thing on mine when it arrives