RC poster

1/18 Rally --> Dedicated FPV Machine

I just wanted to say Hello! and ask if anyone has ever used this 1/18 chassis for FPV?

I just ordered a Rally (green, ya-uh) and several upgrades

I'm going to use this in the office for FPV and I was wondering if anyone else has done something similar - if so, please share the good and the . . . unexpected . . .

I'll post photos - and video - soon

THANKS,

DM

RC poster
    Dang! I just plugged in the charger and battery and thenn I get a blinking red light - the user manual indicates "solve the problem before charging" but I have no idea what the problem is

Guess I'll send it back - very disappointing

Page 6 in the manual:
    Your model includes a 12-volt DC charger that will charge the supplied battery in about 35 minutes. Plug the charger into an automotive auxiliary power socket. The charger is compatible with 12-volt automotive auxiliary power sockets only. The LED on the charger will glow red. Plug the battery into the charger. The LED will blink green, indicating the battery is charging. When charging is complete (indicated by a solid green LED), unplug the battery from the charger, and unplug the charger from the power socket. Never leave a battery unattended while charging.
    If you got the sequence wrong, you probably blew the fuse in the power plug.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    I unscrewed the power plug and checked the fuse - it looks intact

Also, I checked to make sure I did not plug it in "backwards" - although it might be possible to force the plugs together wrong, that was definitely not the problem

RC poster
    Wow - just got off the horn with Traxxas Customer Support - they're awesome - didn't have to wait long, and the young man who helped me knew exactly what to do - I'm VERY IMPRESSED!

RC poster

Thumbs up

And it worked!!!!

THANK YOU TRAXXAS TECH SUPPORT!!!!

RC poster
    I started using this machine for a school project

RC poster

Bearings, shaft, shocks, and other good stuff arrived today - it's fun as is out of the box, but I'm happy to add upgrades!

Woo hoo!

RC poster

This morning I was able to toss on a few upgrades . . . love wrenchin . . .

RC poster
    Hi, How is your FPV project coming on?

I found this thread when searching for a suitable car for my planned FPV project. LaTrax Rally looks good and I am interested to read about your experience - how it handles the extra weight - what mechanical upgrades/equipment you would recommend etc.

Thanks for your posts.