Thread: Props

RC Racer

Props

Anyone running 3 blade SS props. And where can you find good SS aftermarket props.

I got an Octura 442 from Kintec Racing, same as the stock 42X59, used to run it on my spartan and it was great, will hopefully get to try it on my new M41 soon....

They actually CNC'd this one and balanced it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    Anyone running 3 blade SS props. And where can you find good SS aftermarket props.
    Take a look at offshore electrics you will be looking for a lifting prop , it will not be the same as the Spartan. You can use it but there are better .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Just got my x543 from the ukrain boat ran 59 mph on gps gave more lift making boat less flighty got 36800 rpms and ran 110 degrees with 5000 traxxas batts looks like im gonna order a x643 with these numbers

RC poster
    Where did you get those trim tabs

Quote Originally Posted by rcracerx61 View Post
    Where did you get those trim tabs
    The trim tabs come with the boat, the trim tab adjusters are for a Spartan even though they have them listed for a M41 on eBay, Im going to mess with battery placement first before i start adjusting the trim tabs.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAWTP

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracerx61 View Post
    Just got my x543 from the ukrain boat ran 59 mph on gps gave more lift making boat less flighty got 36800 rpms and ran 110 degrees with 5000 traxxas batts looks like im gonna order a x643 with these numbers
    I guess I do not understand what a lifting prop is. Props have dia and pitch and are designed to push the boat forward. I played with different props last weekend and with the Octura X448 which has a 1.9dia and a total pitch of 2.660 . The boat ran a top speed of 62mph .After several runs the boat did catch air and flipped twice and crashed. The windshield broke and pulled out of the hatch. The hatch did stay on. I do not know if this boat can be pushed any faster. I do know when I do speed runs I will use the hatch without the windshield. I will order a new hatch for just playing around.