RC Enthusiast

Can't seem to find a place selling the ET-3s or ET-2400

So after some discussion on the forums and reading a lot of post I've noticed a lot of people are using the 2400K motor from the funny car. We'll I've spent the better half of two days searching the internet and I can find the et-3s and the 2400k motor BUT their always sold out. So my question is, where can I get these parts who has them in stock still?

RC Qualifier
    You can get the castle version.

Here is a example, I have not purchased from this seller:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/301537185660

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ShaneSparks; 06-24-2016 at 12:11 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah same as this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creati...creations+2400

But was looking for blue branded can TBH
    Last edited by pyrofreak; 06-24-2016 at 12:23 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar

Can't seem to find a place selling the ET-3s or ET-2400

Their getting hard to find nowadays. I had one few months ago it was a great motor. I've moved on to 1/8 powerhouse since then. Best bet would be to get the castle version which is basically same thing besides the ugly green can lol. Otherwise you may be waiting awhile. There was one on eBay couple days ago, but the wires looked horrible.
    Here's the one on eBay.http://m.ebay.com/itm/TRAXXAS-RC-ET-...494?nav=SEARCH

Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

Good luck........That motor and model is most likely gone. My LHS thinks due to JF racing switching to chevy, no more unless GM signs on...that takes time. So for an El SOB special, buy the Castle!
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

I hope GM signs on...

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    I've pretty much concluded I won't find the blue traxxas ET-3s or ET-2400 anytime soon. I was hoping someone here might know something I didn't, but it looks like everyone is finding what I already found. I wrote dollarhobbyz because I was curious, apparently "Chop shops" aren't allowed to resell traxxas items in kits. That being said, looks like i'll be buying the castle creations version, but I do have a few questions.

The ET-3s [http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products...-brushless-esc already has the battery wires attached, do I need to solder the wires onto the MMP version [http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo..._max_pro.pdf]?

Also, since it looks like I'll be getting the 1415, is their any additional steps outside of installing the engine.
    Last edited by pyrofreak; 06-24-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Weird...the Funny Car is still listed but out of stock.If you click on the support pages and then exploded views, you cannot click on the motor or esc like you can with all the other parts. So you can't even get replacements from Traxxas? Wow...$220 for the Castle version?? I bought a Traxxas 2400kv motor last year for $60! I ran it with my VXL and then a $50 HW SC8 so I had $110 in the whole thing. I still have the motor(not for sale!) I'll keep it and buy a roller truck to put it in.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Well I called traxxas because I was curious and the rep said they weren't selling the motor / esc individually. Apparently the ET-3s and ET-2400KV fall under their lifetime warranty so they'll replace any broken or damaged units. I asked why they were under lock and key and he said he didn't have any answers. So yeah all in all it seems a bit weird to me and unfortunately it sucks a bit too since finding one appears to be along the lines of finding a needle in a hay stack too.

I posted the eBay link did you see it.

Sorry GeneralPede...I'd be hard pressed to pay $110 for that hacked up system. I could put together something similar new for a couple bucks more.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Sorry GeneralPede...I'd be hard pressed to pay $110 for that hacked up system. I could put together something similar new for a couple bucks more.
    I agree, but seems like he wants one really bad and that's the only one I've found so far.

The et-3s and the 2400k motor were great options about two years ago, but once the word got out that it was a excellent buy the price skyrocketed through the roof. Eventually the price climbed so high that you could get a castle system for just a few dollars more. At that point the system was no longer worth the money. If you do happen to find one, do not buy it unless it will save you a decent amount of money vs. the Castle system. The motor is supposedly the same (lots of people have broken the shaft on the ET-2400kv. I know I have), but the esc is not, so it is not worth it unless you get it at a good price. The wires are much thinner on the ET-3s and you have to deal with that annoying capacitor between the wires. I kept breaking mine so I eventually took it off.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-25-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: content

RC Champion
    I bought the Et3s for $60 and the ET2400 for $60 from an ebay chop shop 3 years ago. Ask people that have one on the forum if they are willing to sell. Great combo if you can find one
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    I agree, but seems like he wants one really bad and that's the only one I've found so far.

Yes, I saw your link and I thought I replied but it looks like I got side tracked and ended up responding to someone else. It would be nice to have that combo because color wise it also matches the aluminum within my ultimate but I am not desperate or stupid. That system is hacked up pretty bad, I'll find something else before I buy that, but I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Old Boy View Post
    The et-3s and the 2400k motor were great options about two years ago, but once the word got out that it was a excellent buy the price skyrocketed through the roof. Eventually the price climbed so high that you could get a castle system for just a few dollars more. At that point the system was no longer worth the money. If you do happen to find one, do not buy it unless it will save you a decent amount of money vs. the Castle system. The motor is supposedly the same (lots of people have broken the shaft on the ET-2400kv. I know I have), but the esc is not, so it is not worth it unless you get it at a good price. The wires are much thinner on the ET-3s and you have to deal with that annoying capacitor between the wires. I kept breaking mine so I eventually took it off.

Better choice, get a Hobbywing WP SC-8 for about $60 and a "Castle" 2650kv motor for $50. Awesome combination for $110 to $120 and it will take everything you throw at it.
    I've done a ton of research and read quite a few forums, I've seen the HW SC-8 name popup quite a bit, so I assume that must mean people like it. I am running a 3S lipo, don't know much about the 2650K variant but I'll do some research into it also.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I bought the Et3s for $60 and the ET2400 for $60 from an ebay chop shop 3 years ago. Ask people that have one on the forum if they are willing to sell. Great combo if you can find one
    I'm sure plenty of people have it, unfortunately it looks like Traxxas has managed to ban chop shop retailers. At least that's what dollarhobbyz said, they can no longer resell kitted traxxases products. Not to mention as previous members have pointed out the system is semi old and quite popular. A lot of people using that combo plan on retiring it into another RC truck / car and the rest have no intention on selling it. That doesn't mean it won't happen, ultimately as someone else said it will come down to price and time. How long do I want to spend searching and can I find suitable alternatives sooner. Given what I have seen it looks like I will probably find suitable alternatives well before I find the ET-3s and 2400k which is fine. I'm really just looking for a durable ESC and motor combo that can run my 3S without over heating and allow me to have fun bashing since the stock engine can't handle a 3S.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofreak View Post
    Yes, I saw your link and I thought I replied but it looks like I got side tracked and ended up responding to someone else. It would be nice to have that combo because color wise it also matches the aluminum within my ultimate but I am not desperate or stupid. That system is hacked up pretty bad, I'll find something else before I buy that, but I appreciate the help.

I've done a ton of research and read quite a few forums, I've seen the HW SC-8 name popup quite a bit, so I assume that must mean people like it. I am running a 3S lipo, don't know much about the 2650K variant but I'll do some research into it also.

I'm sure plenty of people have it, but as previous members have pointed out the system is semi old and quite popular. A lot of people using that combo plan on retiring it into another RC truck / car and the rest have no intention on selling it. That doesn't mean it won't happen, ultimately as someone else said it will come down to price and time. How long do I want to spend searching and can I find suitable alternatives sooner. Given what I have seen it looks like I will probably find suitable alternatives well before I find the ET-3s and 2400k which is fine. I'm really just looking for a durable ESC and motor combo that can run my 3S without over heating and allow me to have fun bashing since the stock engine can't handle a 3S.
    I didn't think you would want it, but figured I'd post it anyway lol. I agree I hate my castle green can but I only paid 50$ for a barely used 2200kv so I couldn't pass it up. I use to run a 2650kv it was a beast until the motor bearings went out. If I had my choice I'd rather have a traxxas 2200kv since it has a black can.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I've learned motors are confusing, like I don't understand why the 2400KV is like 200 where as the 3800KV is like 112. The 2400 is for 3s and the 3800 is for 2s but aren't both comparable in the end if using the correct battery?

Edit: Alright so a new question, if I am going C.C. should I go for 2200KV, 2400KV, or 2650KV. I do race from time to time on road and off road, but I do a lot of bashing mostly. I run a 3S right now, I plan on upgrading my 4x4 more BUT I don't want heat to be an issue
    Last edited by pyrofreak; 06-24-2016 at 10:29 PM.

When you say race, do you mean sanctioned races? If you do, make sure your batteries and motor are within regulations.

RC Enthusiast
    Short answers: NO

Long answer: The LHS where I live has a bi-weekly mosh-pit even behind the store we're we race trucks vs trucks and so forth. We have another club not far from me, their are a bit more organized in the sense that 4x4 trucks compete against each other but neither has motor regulations. The LHS is all about bragging rights and winning your heat does reward some money at the club, but nothing amazing you race what you got and you win a portion of the pot that everyone pays into. I think your thinking of something more organized / official which I don't take part in.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    ...If I had my choice I'd rather have a traxxas 2200kv since it has a black can.
    I'm with you on that one...
    The black 2200kV looks much better!

RC Enthusiast
    Oh wow that does look nice, that an E-REVO?
    Last edited by pyrofreak; 06-25-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    I'm with you on that one...
    The black 2200kV looks much better!

Just rubbing it in my face lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrofreak View Post
    Oh wow that does look nice, that an E-REVO?
    It's a lcg slash 4x4

Slash 4x4 LCG Platinum.

Read all about it if you want:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...354-WarBAJR-II

RC Enthusiast
    UGH I deleted my original post because I thought I had scrub comments, should have followed my gut thought those were trencher tires and all. So I guess I'll ask my questions now ... again.

Is that the MM2?
    Curious, why the MMX ESC over the MM2 ESC?
    What gearing are you using now along with what battery type
    What is that thing above the battery
    And what speeds do you normally hit?
    Did you have to strength anything to handle the 2400KV motor

I assume you don't have any heat issues and this thing is a blast to drive?

I'm on my phone right now and hate "typing" on it.
    For your answers, just look at the thread I linked on post #24.
    Just about everything I did to my rig is in there somewhere.
    Have a great weekend!

Again, I am late to the party. Let me put in my $0.02! So yesterday I went to the races in Vallejo, California. It was about 100 outside. We ran a figure eight. Then some of us ran a huge circle track. I now have the El Sob special in my newest Ultimate Edition. I thought the motor was getting hot. I looked at the app and it said after all of the abuse I had given it that the motor was only 135f! The El Sob special motor system has always been great for me
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Again, I am late to the party. Let me put in my $0.02! So yesterday I went to the races in Vallejo, California. It was about 100 outside. We ran a figure eight. Then some of us ran a huge circle track. I now have the El Sob special in my newest Ultimate Edition. I thought the motor was getting hot. I looked at the app and it said after all of the abuse I had given it that the motor was only 135f! The El Sob special motor system has always been great for me
    The ElSob 2400kv is a great system for sure. I'm just not convinced it's $200 great though. I have one, didn't pay that kind of money for it,(love the way it performs) and will keep it but there are other options out there for that kind of money. The Kershaw 2700kv was(is) a stout little 3674 can with a 5mm shaft that I grabbed for $40 although they are gone now. There are some similar Leopards for reasonable money. Point is, there are options for us!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Late response, had a busy weekend, but yeah I have to agree on the price being a bit high. I'm still a novice but I can't justify $200 on the motor system all though I have no doubt it's probably amazing. That being said it seems like a lot of people on here have been alternating between the EL Sob 2400KV and 2200KV MM2. So I'll probably just watch Ebay and see if I can snag one sometime.