Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 171

Thread: New pede vxl..

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207

    New pede vxl..

    Just got my new pede 4x4 vxl, just ran my first battery pack through it and the motor was pretty hot. Like couldn't touch it hot. I just need a recommendation on a good esc and motor fan.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    479
    The Traxxas ESC fan is the way to go in my opinion. Integy motor fans work alright but don't last very long, what do you expect for 6 or 7 bucks though, always opt for the ones with a heat sink though.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    The Traxxas ESC fan is the way to go in my opinion. Integy motor fans work alright but don't last very long, what do you expect for 6 or 7 bucks though, always opt for the ones with a heat sink though.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    So it would be better to get a fan with a heat sink?..

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    479
    Yeah for sure. Tried one without and it did not help any.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Yeah for sure. Tried one without and it did not help any.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    Would you by any chance know of a good one you could link?

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    479

    New pede vxl..

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W2...ATL&ref=plSrch

    That one will fit just like it is and will work, just won't perform quiet as well but will get the job done. Search for that brand on eBay and you'll find better prices.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-13-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Content

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207

    New pede vxl..

    Thanks. I appreciate your help very much!!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-13-2016 at 05:06 PM.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Briber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,329
    I'd go with Trx esc fan.


    I've heard good things about this fan, you can get it with heat sink but its expensive. It will fit on any heat sink that accepts 30x30x10 fan. These move big time air and if you get a separate bec you can run this fan at even higher voltage to move even more air.
    Wild Turbo Fan


    I use the integy fans but they don't move a whole lot of air.

    Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 06-26-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186

    New pede vxl..

    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    Just got my new pede 4x4 vxl, just ran my first battery pack through it and the motor was pretty hot. Like couldn't touch it hot. I just need a recommendation on a good esc and motor fan.
    How hot is hot? Did you take actual
    temps or use your finger? I use wild turbo fans on a separate castle bec on 8.4v and their nasty little fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    The Traxxas ESC fan is the way to go in my opinion. Integy motor fans work alright but don't last very long, what do you expect for 6 or 7 bucks though, always opt for the ones with a heat sink though.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    Now here's someone I haven't heard from in awhile lol.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    479
    Yeah man haven't spent much time with the truck. Got about 40 days of 12 hour shifts and just never picked it up after that. Trying to ease back in, truck still running great.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    Just got my new pede 4x4 vxl, just ran my first battery pack through it and the motor was pretty hot. Like couldn't touch it hot. I just need a recommendation on a good esc and motor fan.
    I think hot is normal. Did you ran on the tall grass or ran up on the hill?

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    How hot is hot? Did you take actual
    temps or use your finger? I use wild turbo fans on a separate castle bec on 8.4v and their nasty little fans.


    Now here's someone I haven't heard from in awhile lol.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de
    I used my finger to tell how hot. Haven't invested in a temp gun yet

    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    I think hot is normal. Did you ran on the tall grass or ran up on the hill?
    No hills but I was running it in short, maintained grass.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-26-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: merge

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    I used my finger to tell how hot. Haven't invested in a temp gun yet



    No hills but I was running it in short, maintained grass.
    Need to get a IR temp gun, it's pretty much a must in this hobby. Using your finger isn't a good method, motor can be hot to the touch and actually be within the safe temp range. My motor at 120 degrees I can't touch it for more than a second and that temp is well within the safe zone.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Yeah man haven't spent much time with the truck. Got about 40 days of 12 hour shifts and just never picked it up after that. Trying to ease back in, truck still running great.

    Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    Ah ok gotcha, good to hear the p4des still going strong.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Briber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    I used my finger to tell how hot. Haven't invested in a temp gun yet.
    You can find them online for like 10 bucks.
    Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    73
    You running in hot temperatures? Should not be heating up that much with a stock battery.

    If you have the money, a heat sink and a esc fan would be sufficient. but if you were to only pick one, you'd be better off with just the esc fan.

    esc fan: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3340

    heat sink: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3374
    Adriano C.
    Moded 'Pede 44

  17. #17
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia mate...
    Posts
    159
    That heat sink is for a 380 sized motor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsetti93 View Post
    You running in hot temperatures? Should not be heating up that much with a stock battery.

    If you have the money, a heat sink and a esc fan would be sufficient. but if you were to only pick one, you'd be better off with just the esc fan.

    esc fan: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3340

    heat sink: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3374

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsetti93 View Post
    You running in hot temperatures? Should not be heating up that much with a stock battery.

    If you have the money, a heat sink and a esc fan would be sufficient. but if you were to only pick one, you'd be better off with just the esc fan.

    esc fan: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3340

    heat sink: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3374
    Yes. Pretty hot down here in southwest Louisiana. This heat sucks!

  19. #19
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    24
    My self, I run this in my Emax, & Erevo
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Mam...item1c22f2d038

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    Yes. Pretty hot down here in southwest Louisiana. This heat sucks!
    I live in Louisiana too. I agreed with you about heat. Heat is killing me. Can't wait for winter. Winter is perfect for running my rc cars.

  21. #21
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    I live in Louisiana too. I agreed with you about heat. Heat is killing me. Can't wait for winter. Winter is perfect for running my rc cars.
    Oh yeah. Winter sounds nice right about now

  22. #22
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by seeksbbprovider View Post
    My self, I run this in my Emax, & Erevo
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Mam...item1c22f2d038
    Thanks for the recommendation!

  23. #23
    RC Racer Killroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Steadman N.C.
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    I live in Louisiana too. I agreed with you about heat. Heat is killing me. Can't wait for winter. Winter is perfect for running my rc cars.
    Same here in North Carolina. I usually run from October to April or may. During the summer I rebuild and paint bodies in the a/c.

  24. #24
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    113
    A heat sink a fan will help but it has been brought up before and I have learned through experience that basically it's a band aid. If your motor is too hot you can try to run smaller gear. Think the pede comes stock with a 13 tooth, I run mine with a 10 tooth and a 3 cell, still gets great speed good torque and motor gets hot but not enough to harm the internals of the motor.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by out4fun View Post
    A heat sink a fan will help but it has been brought up before and I have learned through experience that basically it's a band aid. If your motor is too hot you can try to run smaller gear. Think the pede comes stock with a 13 tooth, I run mine with a 10 tooth and a 3 cell, still gets great speed good torque and motor gets hot but not enough to harm the internals of the motor.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Stock gearing is 11/54 on vxl, the slash is what comes stock with 13/54.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    113
    Thanks for the clarification

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Stock gearing is 11/54 on vxl, the slash is what comes stock with 13/54.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de
    General pede with the knowledge!

  28. #28
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207




    My back wheels seem to have a bit of toe in. I was wondering if any of you knew how to make the rear tires parallel with the front. For some reason it bothers. Also, any recommendations on something to protect the servo on the bottom? Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Do you have rear aluminum carriers? For the servo guard take a look at T bone racing. I have their servo guard and love it.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  30. #30
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Do you have rear aluminum carriers? For the servo guard take a look at T bone racing. I have their servo guard and love it.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de
    No I sure don't have those.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    No I sure don't have those.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you want to get rid of the toe in pick up a set of traxxas aluminum rear carriers and install them backwards. It will bring your toe in to 1.5. Stock is 2.5.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  32. #32
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    If you want to get rid of the toe in pick up a set of traxxas aluminum rear carriers and install them backwards. It will bring your toe in to 1.5. Stock is 2.5.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de
    So that will get rid of the toe in and make all the tires parallel?
    And do you have a stock bumper with the tbr servo guard?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    So that will get rid of the toe in and make all the tires parallel?
    And do you have a stock bumper with the tbr servo guard?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will still have toe in but very slightly.
    This is how much toe it will have if you get aluminum carriers and install them backwards.
    I was using a rpm bumper with the guard in that pic. I have a rpm bumper on my slash now and still use the guard. It's worked with a couple different bumpers I've used.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  34. #34
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    It will still have toe in but very slightly.
    This is how much toe it will have if you get aluminum carriers and install them backwards.
    I was using a rpm bumper with the guard in that pic. I have a rpm bumper on my slash now and still use the guard. It's worked with a couple different bumpers I've used.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de
    Alright cool. The toe in kinda bothers me and my truck feels kinda squirly sometimes so idk if the aluminum carriers will fix that or not but we'll see. I'm definitely gonna look into that guard. I've already had a rock lodged in it making it not steer correctly. As always thanks for your help!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    Alright cool. The toe in kinda bothers me and my truck feels kinda squirly sometimes so idk if the aluminum carriers will fix that or not but we'll see. I'm definitely gonna look into that guard. I've already had a rock lodged in it making it not steer correctly. As always thanks for your help!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you decide to get the traxxas aluminum carriers, make sure you install them backwards. If you don't then your toe in will be even worse because it will be at 4.0 if you install them the normal way. Here's a link to the servo guard.http://m.ebay.com/itm/62124-TBR-Serv...411?nav=SEARCH
    No problem on helping, it's what we're here for.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  36. #36
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    If you decide to get the traxxas aluminum carriers, make sure you install them backwards. If you don't then your toe in will be even worse because it will be at 4.0 if you install them the normal way. Here's a link to the servo guard.http://m.ebay.com/itm/62124-TBR-Serv...411?nav=SEARCH
    No problem on helping, it's what we're here for.



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de
    And you sent me a link!? Geez. Thanks! I will make sure as soon as I purchase the aluminum carriers, they will be installed backwards. (Left on right, right on left)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    And you sent me a link!? Geez. Thanks! I will make sure as soon as I purchase the aluminum carriers, they will be installed backwards. (Left on right, right on left)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No problem, and that is correct



    Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Briber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,329
    Accidental post sorry lol. I made comment on rear hubs then saw there was another page already explaining it lol.

    Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 06-30-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

  39. #39
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Accidental post sorry lol.

    Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Lol sup


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    207


    Before


    After

    Stabbed myself trying to do this but I got it done. I think it looks a lot better!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •