Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New pede vxl..

Yes it is the same basic vehicle except for shortened chassis. No difference with regards to the driveshafts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Yes it is the same basic vehicle except for shortened chassis. No difference with regards to the driveshafts.
    Thank you very much. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I was wondering if using a water hose or a shower head to wash a bunch of dirt off my truck would be fine. I know it's waterproof but idk how waterproof. My air compressor broke so that's off the table. All help would be great

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-01-2016 at 07:05 AM. Reason: merge

i do it when mine gets muddy but i try to focus the water onto the chassis and try not to flow water directly on the electronics, driveshafts, wheel bearings or spur and pinion. wiping it down after is a good idea. i have yet to replace my motor or wheel bearings yet and i drive my truck during the winter periodically.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHildo View Post
    i do it when mine gets muddy but i try to focus the water onto the chassis and try not to flow water directly on the electronics, driveshafts, wheel bearings or spur and pinion. wiping it down after is a good idea. i have yet to replace my motor or wheel bearings yet and i drive my truck during the winter periodically.
    Alright just wanted to make sure nothing was gonna crap out if I got it wet. I do have a blow dryer to help dry the water tho so that may help. THanks Johnny!

I'm looking at the proline mashers and I was wondering which ones were the ones for the pede. I read somewhere where you should buy 2 sets of rears and put them all around Bc of the offset or something. Is this true? Can someone slap some knowledge on these tires?????

Check this out, 1 of 2 stripped hexes. But this ones special because the hex is actually stuck in the rim. Neat huh? Yeah I'm gonna have to upgrade soon. This truck is killing me. Upgrade one thing, another breaks.
    That's the second stripped rim.

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-01-2016 at 07:05 AM. Reason: merge

When mine gets snowy or wet ill blow off with air compressor then put upside down over air register in house to dry...

Thats common, 12mm are weak, I've stripped a bunch. Upgraded to 17mm and havent had a problem since.

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    When mine gets snowy or wet ill blow off with air compressor then put upside down over air register in house to dry...

Thats common, 12mm are weak, I've stripped a bunch. Upgraded to 17mm and havent had a problem since.

Yeah I'm gonna have to do that whenever I upgrade the driveshafts. This thing is costing me more money than expected but I guess it's all part of the addiction! And I'm not quitting! I'll find a way to upgrade! Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna have to do that whenever I upgrade the driveshafts. This thing is costing me more money than expected but I guess it's all part of the addiction! And I'm not quitting! I'll find a way to upgrade! Thanks man!

If it makes you feel better im up to 800 on one p4de, around 1000 on 2nd and 3rd about 550. These numbers include the original purchase price, are rough estimates and over the last 10 months or so... I don't want to know actual numbers cause if wife found out she'd flip lol....

The nitro revo has about 200 in it and the Latrax about 100. Both of these were given to me so no purchase price to include.

Last edited by Briber; 07-31-2016 at 08:46 PM.

RC Racer
    That kinda does honestly. I'm not near as deep into it. Yikes. Anyways, a question before you go...anything else that I should keep and eye on to upgrade. I'd like this thing to kinda be bullet proof.

That kinda does honestly. I'm not near as deep into it. Yikes. Anyways, a question before you go...anything else that I should keep and eye on to upgrade. I'd like this thing to kinda be bullet proof.

Imo and experience has been:

Driveshafts(upgrade to metal),
    Wheels(upgrade to 17mm),
    Shocks(upgrade to aluminum shock caps)

Those were the 3 most troublesome areas ive encountered on brushless 3s power.

After months of usage front end components will wear so upgrade to rear aluminum hubs, front steering knuckles and hubs...
    Last edited by Briber; 07-31-2016 at 08:54 PM.

RC Racer
    Imo and experience has been:

Driveshafts,
    Wheels,
    Aluminum shock caps.

Those were the 3 most troublesome areas ive encountered on brushless 3s power.

I'm probably gonna upgrade my wheels when I do the driveshafts. The biggest battery I may go is a 2s lipo maybe. And i don't even know much about lipos. Lol. So that'll probably be a little while from now. Shock caps, aren't that expensive so that could be an easy upgrade. Thanks for the advice as always.

I'm probably gonna upgrade my wheels when I do the driveshafts. The biggest battery I may go is a 2s lipo maybe. And i don't even know much about lipos. Lol. So that'll probably be a little while from now. Shock caps, aren't that expensive so that could be an easy upgrade. Thanks for the advice as always.

I added to my post ^ lol. 2s is same as nimh batt as far as voltage so no big performance increase. 2s lipos just allow a much more consistent power level through out run as opposed to nimh batts losing performance through out the run getting slower and slower. Your big performance and fun increase will be on 3s. Going from 7.4v to 11.1v! Once you've "bulletproofed" it with those upgrades 3s will be lots of fun with little breakage...

Last edited by Briber; 07-31-2016 at 09:03 PM.

RC Racer
    I added to my post ^ lol. 2s is same as nimh batt as far as voltage so no big performance increase. 2s lipos just allow a much more consistent power level through out run as opposed to nimh batts losing performance through out the run getting slower and slower. Your big performance and fun increase will be on 3s. Going from 7.4v to 11.1v! Once you've "bulletproofed" it with those upgrades 3s will be lots of fun with little breakage...

I saw the extra stuff. And yes I've looked at the aluminum steering parts. THE FUNDS! THE FUNDS!! I need more. Lol but seriously I do need to make this thing bulletproof. It's been a ton of fun. This thing will come together slowly man. Seeing you and G-Pedes builds makes me wanna sell everything I have and dump it all into my truck. But as I said, things will come together slowly!

I saw the extra stuff. And yes I've looked at the aluminum steering parts. THE FUNDS! THE FUNDS!! I need more. Lol but seriously I do need to make this thing bulletproof. It's been a ton of fun. This thing will come together slowly man. Seeing you and G-Pedes builds makes me wanna sell everything I have and dump it all into my truck. But as I said, things will come together slowly!

Sound like me now lol. Put my Pearl drum set up for sale, have my system in my car up for sale and looking for what else around the house I can sell. Can you rent/sell children and wife??? Lmbo!!!

Edit: The wife didn't think it was as funny as I did.

But yeah me too. I have expenses x3 lol.

Last edited by Briber; 07-31-2016 at 09:24 PM.

RC Racer
    Sound like me now lol. Put my Pearl drum set up for sale, have my system in my car up for sale and looking for what else around the house I can sell. Can you rent/sell children and wife??? Lmbo!!!

Edit: The wife didn't think it was as funny as I did.

But yeah me too. I have expenses x3 lol.

I wouldn't have thought she found that funny. Lol I thought it was. I'd probably sell my game consoles. Anyways thanks for your help man. Have a good one until next time!

I wouldn't have thought she found that funny. Lol I thought it was. I'd probably sell my game consoles. Anyways thanks for your help man. Have a good one until next time!

You too, thanks for idea. Kids won't miss Playstation, Xbox 360 or Nintendo game systems! I couldn't even get done typing and wife shut me down lol.... Til next time run that rc like you stole it! Hey on driveshafts, i run mips from diffs to wheels, but recently switched out my center drive to a tekno on my 4s basher and am really impressed with it. So much so I may try teknos on vxl from diffs to wheels.

RC Racer
    Yeah JohnnyHildo was helping out with Tekno parts. I was gonna order the M6 driveshafts (front & rear) and the 17mm adapters. He uses them if I'm not mistaken. So I was gonna go with them and I could also maybe try the center drive shaft. Plus some proline wheels and tires. Ive been driving it like I stole since I opened it!

RC Racer
    With your stripped hexes, just superglue a new hex straight into the wheel. Make sure it dries before using it but it will prob hold up.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by feral View Post
    With your stripped hexes, just superglue a new hex straight into the wheel. Make sure it dries before using it but it will prob hold up.
    You know I actually thought about that but 2/4 hexes I have are rounded out on the edges so I didn't think it would work...

Hmmm thats a good idea. Wish I would've thought about that one of the many times I had stripped one out!

Yeah JohnnyHildo was helping out with Tekno parts. I was gonna order the M6 driveshafts (front & rear) and the 17mm adapters. He uses them if I'm not mistaken. So I was gonna go with them and I could also maybe try the center drive shaft. Plus some proline wheels and tires. Ive been driving it like I stole since I opened it!
    Don't shut mips out though, they are a quality driveshaft as well!
    Last edited by Briber; 07-31-2016 at 10:00 PM.

RC Racer
    Hmmm thats a good idea. Wish I would've thought about that one of the many times I had stripped one out!

I'll have to try it tomorrow night after school. Maybe..

RC Racer
    How do you guys clean and what do you clean your bearings with. I think I need to go through all my bearings...

How do you guys clean and what do you clean your bearings with. I think I need to go through all my bearings...
    I use zep foaming window cleaner and put nozzle right against ball bearing over trash can. The ammonia cuts oil and grease and the pressure blows it out. Heck I used to clean my hands with it until I bought some goop. It works really well for me. Once cleaned out I pop in seal on one side and use light weight silicone oil to lube then pop in other seal.

RC Racer
    I use zep foaming window cleaner and put nozzle right against ball bearing over trash can. The ammonia cuts oil and grease and the pressure blows it out. Heck I used to clean my hands with it until I bought some goop. It works really well for me. Once cleaned out I pop in seal on one side and use light weight silicone oil to lube then pop in other seal.

Also had another question but forgot to edit post. Will the larger 2.8 proline tires put a lot of strain on the stock motor? I'm pretty sure I just stripped my last hex and now none of the tires roll when I pull the throttle. This truck is aggravating the heck out of me. I'm bout ready to upgrade

Also had another question but forgot to edit post. Will the larger 2.8 proline tires put a lot of strain on the stock motor? I'm pretty sure I just stripped my last hex and now none of the tires roll when I pull the throttle. This truck is aggravating the heck out of me. I'm bout ready to upgrade

Upgrade to 17mm and forget about hex issues ever again.

RC Racer
    Upgrade to 17mm and forget about hex issues ever again.

I know, but what I'm asking is when I do upgrade to 17mm are the larger wheels gonna be harder on the stock velineon motor

RC Racer
    The larger tires don't put a great deal of extra strain, but just watch the temperatures of your motor and esc. With the velineon, I had actually bumped my pinion to a 13t and it ran fine with Mashers on 2s.

If none of your tires are rolling, you will have more than a stripped hex. A stripped hex will only affect that end of the car. Anyway, glue that hex into the wheel and look a bit further. I have 17mm hexes and wheels on the way, but my glued hexes have stood up to mm2/2650 power on 3s.

No I have 17mm wheels on my vxl and run street fighters, swampers and talons on it just fine. With a little more aggressive12/50 gearing.

Last edited by Briber; 08-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.

RC Racer
    The larger tires don't put a great deal of extra strain, but just watch the temperatures of your motor and esc. With the velineon, I had actually bumped my pinion to a 13t and it ran fine with Mashers on 2s.

If none of your tires are rolling, you will have more than a stripped hex. A stripped hex will only affect that end of the car. Anyway, glue that hex into the wheel and look a bit further. I have 17mm hexes and wheels on the way, but my glued hexes have stood up to mm2/2650 power on 3s.
    Aww man don't say that it's more than a stripped hex

No I have 17mm wheels on my vxl and run street fighters, swampers and talons on it just fine. With a little more aggressive12/50 gearing.

Alright thanks for your help!! The middle one looks awesome!

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-09-2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: merge

Agreed!

Alright thanks for your help!! The middle one looks awesome!
    Thank you. Little dirt though lol.

RC Racer
    Agreed!

Thank you. Little dirt though lol.

Idk what to do with this truck anymore. It's driving me insane

Idk what to do with this truck anymore. It's driving me insane

Upgrade, once bullet proof it will drive you happy! Lol.

RC Racer
    Upgrade, once bullet proof it will drive you happy! Lol.

Yes man. But that all cost........MOOLAH!!!!!!
    Good news tho. I just put some hexes and wheels from an old broke dhk hunter on my pede and everything works fine. My stock pede wheels hexes are completely stripped out. The hexes is now a big circle. I'm just gonna have to stick to the dhk hunter wheels and hexes now.

RC Racer

I like doing this
    Also anyone know how to remove rust from screws. Some of mine have a little.
    One more thing, will letting my diffs sit out with the grease on them mess them up?

I like doing this
    Also anyone know how to remove rust from screws. Some of mine have a little.
    One more thing, will letting my diffs sit out with the grease on them mess them up?
    Screws just rust, either get stainless steel ones or live with rust.

No letting diff sit out won't hurt anything.

RC Racer
    Screws just rust, either get stainless steel ones or live with rust.

No letting diff sit out won't hurt anything.

Alright thank ya

RC Racer

Bought a new castle motor fan. I think it look pretty sweet!

Installed the rear m6 Tekno driveshafts!

Also installed the front m6 Tekno driveshafts.

After I got done installing both the front and rear, I had some spacers left over from the front shafts package. Not sure where they go so if anyone knows, please feel free to comment.

Mip has a set of shafts like those too. From what I hear that race style drive is good up to 2s but on 3s failures have occurred. I don't know about washers. Do they go on stub axle before you put hex or adapter on so there's not side to side play?

RC Racer

New pede vxl..

Mip has a set of shafts like those too. From what I hear that race style drive is good up to 2s but on 3s failures have occurred. I don't know about washers. Do they go on stub axle before you put hex or adapter on so there's not side to side play?

I'm not quite sure...
    I did put one on the stub axle and Another in front of the small bearing closest to the wheel.

I'm not quite sure...
    I did put one on the stub axle and Another in front of the small bearing closest to the wheel.

How much play if any is in stub axle? Do they go in between bearings on stub axle? As far as the others put 2 there if need be so no slop is in there. Could they be used else where on hub? I tried searching for install diagram but no luck.

Last edited by Briber; 08-16-2016 at 07:03 AM.

RC Racer
    I put one behind the hex, like In the picture, and one behind the bearing on the left

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast