RC Competitor

Crossed plugs dual lipo adapter ez-peak plus = smoke ?

I have the 80 W ez-peak plus model with the dual lipo adapter. I connected the adapter and when I connected my second 3 cell battery, a spark came out of the balance plug and smoke came out of the fan area of the charger. I quickly disconnected everything, but I am assuming that I crossed the balance plugs with the Traxxas plugs. Meaning I connected the Traxxas plug from battery A to the balance plug for battery B and the Traxxas plug for battery B to the traxxas plug for battery A. I am assuming that is what I did because I disconnected everything so quickly I didn't take note of what was connected to what.

The charger still seems to work fine balance charging a single three cell battery. But I've not yet attempted to reconnect properly two three cell batteries using the adapter. From what I can research on the Internet, I believe I burnt up some resistors in the charger, possibly relating to cells four, five and six.

Assuming that I did cross the wires using the adapter with the two batteries, and since the charger balance charges one 3 cell battery as normal, thoughts as to what caused the smoke? Thanks.
    _
    Stampede 4x4 VXL; Slash 2wd VXL; MJ Grinder VXL

That does short the charger. I think you might have killed either some of the balance channels or the dual battery adapter.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.