RC Racer

Stampede 2wd ride hieght?

I have recently bought a brushless P2de with tons of power, to the point it is no fun to drive because all it does is flip over. So my first question is, how to I counter act the flipping? Is there any way to get the ride height lower than stock to lower the center of gravity? If not, no problem because I will sell it as a roller.

RC Competitor
    I put the Protrac suspension on my VxL and it helped a lot with the flipping.

RC Competitor
    The Stamp2de is a monster truck built with a high center of gravity, all monster trucks are constantly laying on their body. Look at the X-Maxx for example, they incorporated a system just to get it back on its wheels. Lower the p2de.. and you get a rustler, not much better in stability as it is still a truck. Get a Slash.. or a touring car if you really want stability.
    P2de VXL
    T-Maxx Classic
    Rusty SW3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wide mod it with rpm arms

RC Qualifier
    Thats what I ended up doing with my Stampede was essentially turn it in to a rustler lol. It flipped constantly or I could handle it but turning it at low speeds enough was just to flip it over and I had to walk all the way down to get it.

Tired of flipping, then you shall buy rc car at Toy R Us. You will be satisfied.. All real rc vehicles do the flipping. Sorry.

RC Racer
    I would add the sway bar kit, this will not solve the flipping in turns but will make it better. Also look at your shock tuning, springs can help some also if you tune them to your terrain. Personally I would not lower it, I would drive it more and get the feeling for where the limits are and know the surfaces your driving on. I had the same issues with my VLX 4X4 but after a week or two I was able to keep her up-right most of the time as I learned how to drive it in corners and what surfaces I could power through and what ones would be an instant barrel role.

RC Competitor
    What kind of battery are you running? A nimh is generaly a lot heavier than a lipo. This will give you a higher senter of gravity, and will lead to more rolls.

Adding wider front arms and front offset wheels to the rear which will make it not only look right, but also make it a lot more stable
    Last edited by wild_pede; 07-08-2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Error