RC Enthusiast

Newbe E Revo 1/16 owner w questions

I have a E Revo 1/16 brushed . Running 2 nimh packs in parallel. Recently upgraded tires to Proline Dirt Hawgs w/ the Titus 2.2" Bead loc wheels combo. Do I need to change the spur gear on the motor. It has the stocker in there now ( 23T I believe) Thanks!

I am not sure how it would affect the brushed motor, but many people claim the beadlock wheels are too heavy for the brushless merv and make the temps go through the roof. Personally I have the trenchers on non beadlock wheels
    Rustler | MERV | Summit | Slash Ultimate | Slash

RC Racer
    I have 1/16 e-revo. Was grave digger. Basically stock. I put pro-line trenchers with desperado s I I have no problem. There not bead- locs though. It's has so much power I don't see it being an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I run Proline Dirt Hawgs with Titus Beadloc Rims on my brushless Merv. They are quite a bit heavier than the stock tires. I found that 50/19 gearing worked well for 2s offroad and 3s on the street.

Temperatures will be different with a brushed setup but you still may want to go down a few teeth on the pinion. It's really going to depend on the terrain you're driving on and the weather.

RC Qualifier
    Go down to a 19 tooth.

RC Enthusiast
    Will do thanks! Running in the backyard on short grass it did start to overheat