RC Enthusiast

Rustler VXL Aluminum Transmission

Hey guys,
    On my last post I wanted a heatsink for my Velineon motor and somebody said get an aluminum transmission for the heatsink. What transmission do you recommend. I've seem some integy ones but heard integy has pretty bad quality and customer service.

RC Enthusiast
    Btw my setup is all stock VXL Rustler with the new TSM and Anaconda tires.

RC Qualifier
    I've personally never used any Integy parts, so I can't say whether or not that's a good choice. The RPM transmission housing is very good and it has an aluminum motor mount, which really helps to dissipate heat. Hot Racing is another option to look into, but more expensive I believe.

I have a HR racing Transmission case and it works great!

RC Qualifier
    just my opinion .... to give your self every advantage ,,, I would get the heat sync for the motor either way...
    I have been running an Integy transmission case for almost two years and have not had any problems ....
    the integy tans case has plenty of room if I want to get a larger motor than the 1/8 funnycar motor I have now....
    I think that the heat vs runtime problem that a lot of people run into can also be solved with a larger scale motor that does not have to work as hard so it will not generate as much heat that needs to dissipate.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, thanks guys! I had a heatsink before but I had to flip the motor over and it started wearing down the wires, so I took the heatsink off and put the motor normal. I'll either get a Hot Racing tranmission or a Integy one I'm still looking.

RC Enthusiast
    I found a Hot Racing transmission but its on HobbyEtc is that a good website? The Integy one I'm looking at is on Amazon.

RC Enthusiast
    Nvm I found a Hot Racing transmission on Amazon for $28.

RC Competitor
    Hi all.

My problem is not heat dissipation but my pinion gear keeps moving every time I crash and stripping spur gears. Would the RPM case help with that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack880 View Post
    Hi all.

My problem is not heat dissipation but my pinion gear keeps moving every time I crash and stripping spur gears. Would the RPM case help with that?

Thanks
    Not so much, a good thread locker and high quality drivers should fix your problem

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    FLM tranny case is my recommendation. More expensive, but you buy it once. Plastic tranny flex could cause a mesh issue and affect gearing.

Plenty of room for big gears and big motor if you so choose.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys. I can't seem to stop the motor/pinion moving with the impact of a crash no matter how tight i do the screw up.

I'll try with some threadlock though.

Is this the FLM case?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/19254978962...6117f2ffff2131

Is it easy to permanently bend it (rather than plastic which springs back)? Can you use the stock gear cover on it?

Thanks again

RC Competitor
    On a separate note, *** sort of gear ratio is that? For max speed drag runs?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It is, the gearing is 34/34. Iíve gotten 106 with the car, but havenít reached full potential. The case doesnít bend. But o have needed the mounting piece, which broke in a high speed crash. Think theyíre 6 bucks.