RC poster

Front rolls forward, back rolls backwards.

Your read that right. I literally just picked up this slash 4x4 and it ran out ok for the most part initially but when I got it home for closer inspection, I noticed that it would barely move across the floor when I pushed it. (Unlike my ol rusty) Then when I pick it up and roll one tire in the front or back, the opposition on the same side will rotate the other way. When both front or both back are on the ground, the opposite will rotate the opposite way. Ex: the back two wheels rolling forward by theirselves on the floor will initiate and move the front wheels backwards. If I spin the center driveshaft either way the front rolls forward and the back rolls the opposite way. I am stumped.

I've taken it all apart. There's only one way the gear can go in the housing for each differential due to the way it has a large and small diameter bearing on either side. Also on the actually planetary gear there's a black side which won't for the other bearing on the opposite side which, in my opinion eliminates be possibility for it to be installed incorrectly. I haven't taken the actual gear apart where you woke normally put in fluid or grease yet due to them working properly in my opinion.

I also adjusted the motor mesh when I re-assembled to eliminate that possibility as well.

The slipper clutch has been eliminated with the upgrade available (can't think of the name right off)

Does ANYONE have an idea of WHAT might be going on here? I can post a video or send a link to a YouTube video. Any help is so very much appreciated and I look forward to posting and helping with anything I can for anyone else, too. Thank you

Front rolls forward, back rolls backwards.

The new 4pole brushless motor has a lot of resistance. The truck does not roll easily when pushed. The wheels turning sounds like the diffs are behaving as they should....does it drive ok when you take it out? It really sounds like there is no issues...
    Last edited by Swampthing; 06-30-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    Rustler | MERV | Summit | Slash Ultimate | Slash

RC Qualifier
    Move the motor/pinion away from the spur gear. Then see how it rolls. There shouldn't be any residence.
    Last edited by davew; 07-01-2016 at 12:30 AM.

RC Competitor
    I agree with swampthing sounds normal for the diffs to do what you are describing . Because you are using the center diff that is why front and rear wheels are spinning in the opposite direction.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like one of the diffs is on backwards inside the diff housing, open 1 of the housings up and swap the diff gears to the other side.
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH

RC poster
    It rolls the same. Still has that resistance when you push it, for the life of me I don't understand unles it's he center diff that's causing it. And I don't have the original slipper to put on in place.

RC poster
    Miltdoggie-that was my initial thought as well. But the way it's made, it had a different side bearing on each side of the planetary, making it impossible to install backwards.

RC poster
    I mean the trick moves, yes. However, it almost instantly comes to a stop once the gas is released. So do you think with that center diff swap that someone has done on it would make the front and rear tires roll in opposite direction? I've had awd rc's prior and if I remember when the center driveshaft spun all tires rolled the same way which made me think that this slash isn't working properly as it should. I sure appreciate everyone's reply to this. I got aggravated with it last night and just quit until after I get home from work today.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockridge86 View Post
    I mean the trick moves, yes. However, it almost instantly comes to a stop once the gas is released. So do you think with that center diff swap that someone has done on it would make the front and rear tires roll in opposite direction? I've had awd rc's prior and if I remember when the center driveshaft spun all tires rolled the same way which made me think that this slash isn't working properly as it should. I sure appreciate everyone's reply to this. I got aggravated with it last night and just quit until after I get home from work today.
    If it has the center diff then yes it would act that way. Just like when you turn left tire one way and right tire rolls opposite direction. And your right on the front and rear diffs not able to go in backwards. Idk how many posts I've seen about that so I tried it myself. You have to force it in backwards. And once you start tightening up the 4 screws the housing doesn't close the gap all the way. Like you said one bearing is bigger then the other so it just doesn't slide right in the housing.
    I would buy a slipper clutch assembly and remove the center diff if it was me

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

You have been given correct information. The center differential will cause the front and rear axles to spin in the opposite direction of each other.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!