Problem with Driveshaft pins backing out

hey guys,
    the pins of my driveshafts backing out after 1-2 runs. I use blue loctite on the grub screws that hold the pins in place.

any ideas?

THX.

RC Qualifier
    Are you using the right pins? The correct pins should have a groove in the center for the grub screws to seat into. Have you tried using 2 grub screws .
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

Yes the Pins are Stock with the groove. Also tried using two grub screws. Same issue still.

Should I try red loctite instead of blue?

RC Qualifier
    Just a thought but maybe you could try mixing the red and blue. Make sure you clean off any grease or oil before applying and let it set 24 hrs before lubing and installing.
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

tried red loctite. same problem.

LOL

Brushlesspower.

RC Racer
    you probably have water in your foams causing excessive wobble or vibration. clean the grubs really good and let the locktite cure over night, put some on the threads of the mating surface aswell with a toothpick. I have yet to have one back out and do I bash the pig!!. make sure your not scared to tighten them or have your dad tighten it for you. worst case is that the holes which the grubs screw in are egged and may need replacing. clean them well,let the loctite cure, and all should be well. maybe a spot of superglue on the threads if all else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by mudzlinger View Post
    you probably have water in your foams causing excessive wobble or vibration. clean the grubs really good and let the locktite cure over night, put some on the threads of the mating surface aswell with a toothpick. I have yet to have one back out and do I bash the pig!!. make sure your not scared to tighten them or have your dad tighten it for you. worst case is that the holes which the grubs screw in are egged and may need replacing. clean them well,let the loctite cure, and all should be well. maybe a spot of superglue on the threads if all else fails.
    So, I've been allocated more dumb questions this month.

DQ #49: What kind of differences are there between super glue & red loctite?

Curious since I used both on battery tray bolts & they broke loose with about the same amount of pressure.
    Does the super glue adhere to pieces differently?

RC Qualifier
    I'm not in any way a chemist but if you have experience from other glues that work equally well I don't see any reason for buying Loctite. But again, I have no idea if Loctite has some special resistance against water, lubricants or other elements that our RC darlings are subject to.
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4