Pro2A's new XO-1

Hey guys, I have been looking to add an XO-1 to the lineup and finally got one. This car is not only Fast it's a lot of fun!!! Well for the first couple of runs that is. Not only did I hit 75 mph, I hit the curb doing 75 mph!! LOL. It was a little to windy to run but my nephew was with me and he really wanted to see the XO-1 go. It was our second run when the wind seemed to pick up 🙄 It looks a lot worse then it is. I only broke the rear lower arm and the body needs some help lol. I found the GPS down the road and put it back on the car for the pic

Hey guys, I went to my local hobby shop last night and picked up some stuff.

RC Qualifier
    You should add some ShoeGoo and Fibatape to that shopping list. Trust me you are going to need it. It is fun but you will wreck it quite a bit.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Thank you drivejumpfly, I will definitely pick those up. I did replace the lower arm and finish painting the new xo-1 body.
    I will probably keep running the sliver body for now. I am sure there are more crashes to come 😬

RC Qualifier
    That body looks dope

Try to get the tires warm before hitting speeds next time seems to help me out

Quote Originally Posted by traxxaspro View Post
    That body looks dope

Try to get the tires warm before hitting speeds next time seems to help me out
    Thank you very much traxxaspro, I appreciate the kind words bud. I will definitely get those tires heated up next time.

Hey guys, picked up a new dx4s. I am hoping the AVC will keep me off the curbs lol

RC Competitor
    Providing you use the SRS4200 series receivers, the AVC will definitely help to keep the car in a straight line, hold nicely in the curves and help get the power down cleanly.

RC Racer
    Im running gyro/steering on 4% and the anti spinn on 100%
    you might want to put it in dead center between the axles.
    Im running my unit to close to the front ~ servo saver.
    Thats why its a bit low in steering gyro %.

What else you got Pro?

The welcome you got over in the X Maxx area makes me think you've been around a while?

I like the scheme for your lid. Of course I liked the X lid you did too. It was awesome cause you did exactly what I wanted to do but was wondering how it'd look?

Hi whittalker, yes I have the srs4210 receiver. After some running around today hopefully I will be able to get it installed and some runs in. I will be sure to keep you guys posted.

Thank you superlead, I will definitely look into that placement.

Hi rtmike, thank you very much for the kind words about the Xmaxx and XO, I really do appreciate that. Yes I have been in the hobby on and off my entire life. My father ran a off-road track when I was a kid. He started the track as a thing to do with my brother and I. Before you knew it there was a lot of members and us kids were the spotters flipping the trucks back over as the DAD's raced them lol. Still we all had a great time. I still have my original cars and trucks from 30 years ago. I now also have a couple of ble revos (one for jumping and bashing the other building for speed) Xmaxx, 2wd and 4x4 slash and the xo-1. My youngest daughter has taken a liking to the hobby as well. I bought her a pink 2wd slash for her first truck. She keeps asking me to change the motor. She said it's not fast enough 😄

I haven't completely given up on our 15 yo. I told her I now had enough batties & rigs that her & I could run some time. She didn't act all high & mighty & snub her nose so there's a chance....

That's awesome Mike. It's really nice running the trucks with my girls. Something I hope they will keep doing when they get older. It's also definitely a lot easier to get the go ahead to spend $ at the hobby shop from my wife when the kids want to go LOL. I mean come on, it's for the kids 😀

I was doing some speed runs with my xo-1 and xmaxx tonight. Xmaxx hit 68mph and The xo-1 hit 85mph then the front end lifted and I hit a pole!! 😬 This car is surprisingly strong. I thought that it was going to be totaled. I only broke the front bulkhead, Front and rear tie rods and shock cap. I definitely need to add some weight to the front end. XO-1 needs a little work but still a good day 👍

shoulda left the white body on the shelf lol. nice carnage.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    shoulda left the white body on the shelf lol. nice carnage.
    Hi rizz0d, yeah there was a couple of things I wanted to change on the body (having bash marks wasn't it lol) also the silver body was in bad shape. I lost the rear wing after the last crash around 70mph. I didn't want to have that happen again and cause another crash. Apparently that wouldn't have mattered hahaha

RC Racer
    One Problem I noticed with adding weight in the front is increased steering responce.

More downforce might be better.
    Working with aerodynamics to cure the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlead View Post
    One Problem I noticed with adding weight in the front is increased steering responce.

More downforce might be better.
    Working with aerodynamics to cure the problem.
    Hi superlead, it's funny you said that. I just upgraded my steering servo and was wondering how it will handle the added weight. I will definitely look into the aerodynamics as well. Thanks again

RC Racer

Solid steel block mounted in front body bracket.
    crash is identical to yours.

Yes, that definitely looks familiar lol. Did you add to the body to help with the aerodynamics?

RC Racer
    Im going to cut larger wings for the front splitter out of aluminium sheets. And just glue them on.

RC Qualifier

Yeah but if yours didnt take flight how did yours crash. Only asking cause I'm Interested in an XO1 and would benefit for future use when I get to own one.

Seems like you guys have a fun with breaking some parts. haha

Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    Seems like you guys have a fun with breaking some parts. haha
    Hi jdpasl, I love pushing the envelope with these cars and trucks (as long as it's safe and nobody gets hurt or as long as other people's property doesn't gets damaged) fixing these things is part of the fun.

Hi Dadelvi, mine definitely did take flight. The front end got light, caught air and lifted at 85mph. It flipped about 5 times and hit the pole about 4ft up.
    Last edited by Pro2A; 07-18-2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Dd

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    fixing these things is part of the fun.
    I've broken front right arm of Slash 4x4. Finally I have TSM in Slash 4x4 and hopefully to not hit same tree. haha Yes, I agreed with you about fixing these things is part of the fun. I had fun with replaced broken part to new part. Not hard to do.