RC poster

Smile Some Telemetry Questions..

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a new TQI 4ch radio system with TSM and telemetry sensors for a project "non-standard usage" and i have some questions that i hope you help me with:

1- The Tx has 4 channels, one for throttle, one for the steering, and one for TSM function "i think so", so there is a fourth unused channel right ? if yes then how to use it and what is it good for ?

2- The Rx accept 3 sensors and i see there's a combined Volt/Temp sensor, does that count as one sensor so i still have two free sensor slots ?
    I'm planning for one RPM sensor, one Voltage sensor, and 2 temperature sensors "for both motor and esc", is that possible without the telemetry expander "two temp sensors" ?

3- Can i use two RPM sensors at once ? let's say one on the spur gear to calculate motor RPM while the other one on one of the wheels setting it up at 1:1 ratio to calculate speed ? is it possible with/without the telemetry expander.. i know one sensor is enough but i just wanna know if it's possible or not

4- Will the RPM sensor pick-up a signal through 2mm thick carbon fiber in a range of 1cm ? or should i drill some hole and let it face the magnet directly ?

5- Is it possible to custom set max RPM and max Speed in Traxxas Link App ? let's say i want to make it 80,000 max RPM and 300Km/h max speed, is it possible ?

thanks in advance..
    Last edited by MiNaM; 07-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.

RC poster
    Still no answers

I thought those were easy questions for anyone using a TQI system..

Well, I've found my answer for #2, the Rx has two sensor slots, one for RPM sensor and one for Volt/Temp sensors combined, so i can't install more than those three sensors without using the telemetry expander..

Hope someone help me with my other questions..

Quote Originally Posted by MiNaM View Post
    Still no answers

I thought those were easy questions for anyone using a TQI system..

Well, I've found my answer for #2, the Rx has two sensor slots, one for RPM sensor and one for Volt/Temp sensors combined, so i can't install more than those three sensors without using the telemetry expander..

Hope someone help me with my other questions..
    I have telemetry on my p4de. There are 2 slots dedicated to sensors on rx (voltage/temp/rpm which as you know 2 use same slot). From my understanding to attach anymore sensors you need to get the telemetry expander (around $25) to hook up more sensors. I will eventually do this to have temp sensor on esc as well. The expander also allows you use Trx gps unit to give dashboard real time speed not calculated speeds. Those open slots in rx, to my knowledge are not for sensors. They can be used for communication to control lights or another servo from tx. Not sure how many additional sensors can be added to expander and you can customize guages.

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 08-12-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...