RC poster

Having a problem with the telemetry expander

So I have the receiver that has telemetry and I'm using all 3 sensors volt, temp, and rpm with no issues works great. I'm trying to install the expander and that's where the problems start. It reads the GPS just fine but I have 2 smart temp sensor 1 for battery 1 for ESC and I can't get the system to even recognize the sensors are pluged in. Do I need the smart voltage sensor to get this to work?

you have to go into the garage in the app and select telemetry setup (I think that's what it is called) and hit refresh. That should reload all the sensors you have plugged in. Make sure you have gauges set up for each sensor too.

RC poster
    That's for the reply ol boy but I have done that already

RC Qualifier
    There's a high possibility that you have defective sensors. There's more than one thread here about bad temp smart sensors. You may have some from that bad batch.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Electromen View Post
    There's a high possibility that you have defective sensors. There's more than one thread here about bad temp smart sensors. You may have some from that bad batch.
    I never saw the thread, but I have to agree...they don't last long and they are very cheaply made. I haven't used my telemetry in a while and when I went to check it yesterday I realized my temp sensor no longer works. I can feel through the heat shrink that the wire broke away from the sensor right at the solder joint. Pretty easy fix, but with the price they charge I shouldn't have to fix it. It would have been nice if they used silicone wires instead of cheap plastic coated junk. I'll probably do away with all my telemetry, including the GPS sensor, since I don't really use it anymore.

RC poster
    So after the reply of the possible bad sensor batch I went up to traxxas HQ and talked to them about and they asked to keep the truck for further diagnoses so hopefully they can figure it out