Thread: Spectrum avc

RC Racer

Spectrum avc

So I just got a spectrum dx4c transmitter with the avc and It is not set up right and I have no Idea how to set it up so If somone could help me out here that would be great

RC Racer
    Whats the problem?
    I had to revers steering and recalibrate. That it on my avc.

RC Competitor
    There is a specific procedure for setting up the AVC when you initially bind the receiver in the car, it's pretty straight-forward, but to make sure it works correctly, it's important you follow the procedure completely. A video of the set up process can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nERfl5gsgRI

I have AVC on my XO-1 and it's incredible just how well it works and what it can do.

I just bought this radio. It seems to be the choice of the owners who wheel their rigs.

EDIT: So should a person still install the TSM if their rig doesn't have it? The TSM & AVC are doing basically the same thing correct?
    Last edited by rtmike; 07-15-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    I just bought this radio. It seems to be the choice of the owners who wheel their rigs.

EDIT: So should a person still install the TSM if their rig doesn't have it? The TSM & AVC are doing basically the same thing correct?
    Hi Rtmike, yes TSM & AVC are basically the same. AVC is a definite must for the xo-1 (in my opinion anyway)

Yeah, I had to stroll through some of your threads Pro to find which Spektrum you said you had. I kinda had the vendor twiddling their thumbs since I canceled the one Spektrum but it's all good now.

Now I need to decide whether to keep the Taranis x9dPLUS. It's suppose to be an awesome radddiddio 2.

So back to that question I asked, lol.
    EDIT: So should a person still install the TSM if their rig doesn't have it?

Or is the AVC not quite enough on it's own? I'm not sure yet whether mine has TSM. Mine has the Traxxas wireless link & the little iPod docking station mounted in/on radio

You've always said HI. So here's about 50 "HI's" & about 50 "thanks in advance". LOL>

Hi rtmike, I love this radio! It's definitely a good buy. I like how you can change things on the fly and it's right there in your face at the top of the radio. It has a really nice feel to it as well. You can also program up to 30 rc's on it.

You will not need the traxxas TSM receiver (traxxas stability management) the spektrum comes with the AVC (Active Vehicle Control) receiver. You would have to install one to the other and if you are using the spektrum it would be the AVC SRS4210 receiver. With a Spektrum AVC system, you can dial in extra stability as needed on the fly.

Being that you have the traxxas radio with the iPod docking station it's the older solid color XO-1. That model doesn't come with TSM.

Got it late in the day. It must have been FedEx. I don't like that cause the ol' lady is home by then & gets nosey. By golly she asked alright.
    I told her, "radio for my trucks". "What!!, what are you talking about? Nuu Aaa. It must be tiny??????"

My only concern now is our daughter's starting to act just like that...and I'm teaching her to drive. She put it in park while she was backing up and I was, no, no, no, no. I grabbed my head & attempted to get in the fetal position.
    She was so, so sorry. I apologized for acting the way I did, it's just I'd never heard someone do that in a car. And it's my car.

Annnnnyhoooots, I'm going over to a local RC guy I met on Facebook & we're gonna get everything dialed in for my 1st run sometime today with my X. It's been 7 months & right at $3k w/o shipping.