Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

New traxxas vehicle ideas!

Now i'm not going against traxxas in anyway here. They make great stuff. I made this to brainstorm new ideas for traxxas vehicles. Personally I'd like to see a traxxas rock racer/desert buggy (idfs solid rear axle) and a traxxas rustler 4x4. What would you guys like to see next from traxxas?
    Mini summit, rusty cc3800kv, piles of parts

The rustler 4x4 is just a stampede 4x4 with a lowered rustler body on it.

I want to see some micro cars. 1/32 scale
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I suppose that is true. I think I saw that guy from the urc forum do a rustler 4x4 build and it was pretty cool. I'd just wish they'd make more new chassis's instead of using the same chassis and swapping body posts, bumpers, bodys, and wheels/tires. I mean yeah I know it takes a lot of R and D to do that but I think they'd sell them more because the person can't just convert for ex: a mini summit to a mini e revo.

I think a lot of us are still hoping for a solid axle rig to give Axial and the rest of them a run for their money in the scale/crawling scene. A good U4 rig would be great too, which the Sl4sh does well at, but is not allow to be ran in most organized races.

I would love for Traxxas to make something like this...
    (I would buy one, if I didn't already have one)

Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier

Wink

I would love to see a ladder style framed solid axle truck from them. Maybe if we're lucky someone from traxxas will read the fourm and bring it up to the designers. Who know!

1/16 nitro would be cool. Something like the old Schumacher rc or maybe something with a F1 body style
    Last edited by Nitrocrazy66; 07-07-2016 at 11:48 PM.
    "Drive it like you stole it"

RC Qualifier
    I want to see something actually new, just just a d chassis with a new body and a few minor tweaks
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Qualifier
    It would be great to see a rock racer, solid axle truck from traxxas. I know of a few people that would invest in one if traxxas made something. When the funds allow it I'd even like one myself.

RC poster
    I'd like to see gasoline alternatives to nitro-methane. Let's face it, nitro is a royal pain to tune, 2 stroke gas engines are pretty straight forward and all you need to add is 2 stroke oil to it and your good to go. But I'd like to see the gas alternatives in 1/10 scale. No one makes them or if they did, they were flops or never made it to the open market. Nitro is a dying breed, since brushless has taken over the speed and ease of use department fairly easily and fast over the last 5+ years. I know I'm looking at getting back into nitro since electric is just getting boring...its too quiet (good and bad) and I just can't seem to like it that much. Engines are a blast to use and work on. I'm sure Traxxas could do something for gas engines or at least make nitro engines more user friendly. I mean you can start in electric, then spend even more money switching to nitro or gas, or you just start in gas/nitro and stick with it or go to electric.

I have nothing against electric, but nitro and gas need some attention as well...at least as much as electric has been shown the last few years.
    Slash 4x4 VXL, ESC fan, stiff front/rear sway bars

RC Qualifier
    I think solid axle trucks and 2 stroke cars are the most talked about as ideas for new vehicles. I wonder if traxxas will ever make a 1/8 or 1/5 2 stroke? If they made a solid axle truck obviously there already a known brand so tons of people would buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorVXL View Post
    I'd like to see gasoline alternatives to nitro-methane. Let's face it, nitro is a royal pain to tune, 2 stroke gas engines are pretty straight forward and all you need to add is 2 stroke oil to it and your good to go. But I'd like to see the gas alternatives in 1/10 scale. No one makes them or if they did, they were flops or never made it to the open market.
    Losi and HPI both made gassers in 1/8 scale trucks. You had to use their $15/bottle oil to add to a gallon of gas and you still had to tune them like a nitro engine.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Losi and HPI both made gassers in 1/8 scale trucks. You had to use their $15/bottle oil to add to a gallon of gas and you still had to tune them like a nitro engine.
    This was supposed to be the next big thing, and they fizzled out.

RC Qualifier
    That is true you are right on that. I'm good with working on engines as I build mini bikes an gas power stuff and leaf blower engines are a bit of a pain to tune but those are around 25cc with a bigger carburetor while the hpi savage octane is like 13cc or something around there and is probably a big pain.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    This was supposed to be the next big thing, and they fizzled out.
    Yeah I know right! My guess is that they couldn't sell them as they were right around $850 when you could buy a hpi baja or a losi 5ive for just a couple hundred more.

I like the idea of the 4x4 rustler with its very own new chassis That would be cool.
    Rustler CCSCT3800KV / Slash 4X4 & 2WD Build

RC Champion
    I wish Traxxas would offer kits for their popular models with no electronics. And maybe an Ultimate Erevo. Basically a hopped up like what they did with the Slash.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    I wish Traxxas would offer kits for their popular models with no electronics. And maybe an Ultimate Erevo. Basically a hopped up like what they did with the Slash.
    Yeah! That would be sick!

Yeah, I'd love to see kits. Also Traxxas should make ARR "Almost Ready to Run". ARR without transmitter and battery.

RC Qualifier
    I would say with out transmitter battery or receiver, that was you could use a transmitter of your choice

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm sorry but after the X-Maxx release, I can't come up with a type of truck I would like to see from Traxxas. Cant see myself running any other Traxxas truck other than my X-Maxx nowadays. Especially if its smaller than the size of the X-Maxx, I personally wouldn't be interested.

Maybe a Revo-X if they were to release that in the 5th scale size (hint hint)
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    well yeah the x maxx is big and all but it's pretty slow imo. A guy down the street has one and he said it only does like 30-35 mph and I brought out my rustler and I was passing him like he was stopped. And this is my off-road set up too on 2s lipo

Traxxas need to do this!!!

RC Champion
    See Traxxas, we want kits....
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    See Traxxas, we want kits....
    "Expert Series"
    Kit build, upgraded hardware, clear body, no wheels or tires, no electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I think it would be neat if they joined up with rpm and made kits that had all the rpm goodies and a cheaper option that doesn't have rpm parts and just the stock traxxas parts. Kinda doubt it will happen but I think it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    Traxxas need to do this!!!

It's not their body but it is certainly on a nitro Revo/Slayer chassis.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    "Expert Series"
    Kit build, upgraded hardware, clear body, no wheels or tires, no electronics.
    "Ultimate" kit......Minus the wheels/tires?
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 07-10-2016 at 10:34 PM.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by Du4designs View Post
    I think it would be neat if they joined up with rpm and made kits that had all the rpm goodies and a cheaper option that doesn't have rpm parts and just the stock traxxas parts. Kinda doubt it will happen but I think it would be cool.
    I was thinking more of the aluminum upgrades, hubs, carriers, beefed up links.

RC Champion
    An Ultimate Erevo is what I want, but in kit form. Without radio, receiver, motor, ESC, batteries, body, wheels/ties. Pretty please Traxxas.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 07-11-2016 at 08:35 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I think a 4wd truggy would be cool if it was based on an entirely new style of chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It's not their body but it is certainly on a nitro Revo/Slayer chassis.
    I just post a pic of Rc ATV that I wish Traxxas would make rc ATV. Proline and HPI made ATV body and sold out. They are not going to make it again. I am disappointed that they can't make it again. If Traxxas would make rc ATV body or complete ATV then that will be blast fun to own it. Traxxas would make a good profit $$$ from rc ATV.

I don't think the ATV was all that popular, if it was they would probably still make them. I was working in a hobby shop at the time these came out and people would go "oh that's neat" and then pick up a Bronco or C-10 or something. Wasn't much market for them in that area anyway. (Houston)
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Champion
    I don't think ATV would much.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Qualifier
    Yeah idk how many people would buy it. Maybe a atv body because it takes less engineering and r & d

On youtube, lot of people like it. Positive comments. But lot of viewers. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frv-kAzbLKY

Sweet video

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    I don't think the ATV was all that popular, if it was they would probably still make them. I was working in a hobby shop at the time these came out and people would go "oh that's neat" and then pick up a Bronco or C-10 or something. Wasn't much market for them in that area anyway. (Houston)
    A niche market for sure. But, it would be cool of they offered the E-Revo or Summit with an ATV body. Perhaps two bodies, sport and utility versions.

RC Qualifier
    I think a 1/10 solid axle scaler long bed pick up would be cool and then they could sell a 1/24ish scale atv to go on the back.

RC Champion
    Some people don't like that Traxxas uses some of the same parts across different platforms, but I think it's great. Because if they didn't we wouldn't have the Eslayer and other cross models. But I think it's also helps them by saving money on R&D. I like threads like because they give Traxxas and other companies possible new ideas. So keep it up guys....
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 07-17-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Qualifier
    The only thing I don't like about recycling the same chassis is that it's the same chassis over and over again. I mean it saves money and everything but I want a different chassis because then you get bored of the same chassis being re released 3,4,5,6 times. I just like when companies make an entirely different chassis for each vehicle

RC Champion
    I know, I feel the same way. On one hand it makes sense to re-use the same parts, but I get really excited about new models.....LoL
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast