Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob2.0 View Post
    I want a gasoline glow ignition revo 4.5 with a diaphragm carburetor... Cheap to run, more power, and easy to tune
    If memory serves, HPI came out with one of those just a few years back. Not sure what happened, but it wasn’t successful at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    If memory serves, HPI came out with one of those just a few years back. Not sure what happened, but it wasn’t successful at all.

I believe it was overheating issue.
    What do you think of the new Primal Rc Raminator gas MT?
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

And Losi. Part of the problem was that you needed to purchase their "special blend" of oil to mix with the gas at a cost of around $15. Where was the savings over nitro??
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    first I have yet to see a diaphragm carburetor on a small engine( under 15cc) I don't think It would be a problem because of the high rpm creating a high airflow. because of this the losi and hpi engines where often finicky and when run lean they overheat... On top of that gasoline burns a lot hotter.

Second, the car should be able to run off of $2 Wal-Mart 2-stroke oil with a 20:1 ratio or at least motorcycle 2 stroke oil.

Finally it would need a larger cooling head with a small fan or something. All the small sub 30cc gasoline engines I have seen have fins built into the fly-wheel and panels redirecting air through the engine to help cool it.
    Last edited by Bob2.0; 08-19-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234