Thread: Marine tape.

Smile Marine tape.

Hey does anyone know if this boat needs marine tape and if it does any suggestions?

RC Racer

Cool

Transparent shin pad tape[hockey tape]. Most sporting goods stores that support hockey have it. Works great. And yes it needs it.

Electrical tape will work in a pinch also.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Ok and no tape is included with the boat right?

Correct no tape is included.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcguy5 View Post
    Hey does anyone know if this boat needs marine tape and if it does any suggestions?
    Hey just wondering but where would you need to put tape? I threw a load of silicone on the boat where the hatch mounts but other than that where would you install tape? Thanks for the input.

RC Racer
    I'm sure that there are many ways to seal the hatch but to answer your question you put the tape over the seam where the body and hatch meet. The tape also helps keep the hatch from coming off in case of a high speed blow over.

RC Racer
    Gonna try some electrical tape next time. Someone also said some weather stripping around the hatch can help rid some water. Well actually I think I'll try some weather stripping first, run it see how much if any water is inside, then if that doesn't work, then just do tape. Seems like a lot of work to tape it, run it for 20 min or so, then if you switch lipos out then re-tape. Be going thru miles of tape that way, but if it keeps the inside dry and not constantly wet, I guess that is what you have to do.