RC poster

Help with a potential issue....

So I have had my new M41 out three times now and have an issue with it if someone has any ideas. The first time out everything went great, ran very smooth and was surprised how fast it was on the water. Second time out the propeller hit something underwater, I am assuming, which tore it up and knocked the bracket loose losing one of the screws that attaches it to the hull. Replaced the propeller and got a new screw and fixed it all up. Now today when I took it out (Full disclosure, it was windy and the lake was pretty choppy. I run in the canals along the lake though to try and avoid how bad the main lake can get) the boat seemed to stop turning. There were a couple times when the boat was out running the water was choppier than expected and the boat went fast enough to do a full flip, always landing upright. The first time it stopped turning I got it back to shore and when I turned the wheel on the controller the rudder didn't seem to turn. I adjusted the trim on the controller and it started turning again. Got it back on the water and after it started taking off it just went in a straight line, couldn't turn it at all. After finally getting it back to shore, I checked and the rudder would turn when I turned the wheel on the controller. With the wind and choppy water I decided to pack it up instead of testing my luck a third time and sending it back out. Any ideas for the next run? Anything I should check or be aware of? Concerned to get it back out there and the boat won't turn again. Obviously next time for sure I am going to check the wind and make sure it's not choppy again.

BTW...I am running all stock at the moment, no modifications.

Thanks for any suggestions or feedback in advance.
    Last edited by TBShark; 07-11-2016 at 10:42 PM.

RC poster
    I had same problem my servo plug was loose try that first

servo horn stripped. Upgrade to metal servo horn. Cheap fix. Happens often on high speed vehicles as well
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC poster
    Opened it up and the cables, they were still plugged in. Plugged in the batteries and turned the wheel on the controller and the rudder turned. Looks to be calmer today so I will take it out to the lake and try again. I am not an expert so I am not sure what the range of motion should be on the rudder and if it is turning as much as it should be but the servo looks like it is turning as much as it should, rudder just doesn't seem to be rotating as much as I would think but then it might not take much to turn the boat...sorry I am a boat noob.read on nother forum there might be a better servo to install on the boat than what came with it?

RC Qualifier
    The servos that come with the boat are very good and do an excellent job. They are not totally waterproof and if they get water in them they will act up or quit working. If your boat has flipped or filled with water this may be the problem. If you are careful you can take them apart a dry them out. I have done this before and the servos worked perfectly again. Water can get in to the servos by way of the wires. On my new boat I always take the servo out and use black liquid electrical tape applied on the wires and housing. This will seal the servo and water will never get in.

RC poster
    Had the boat out again't today and the rudder seems to be working fine again. Not sure if my biggest issue yesterday was the weather/water conditions. At this point that is what it seems like. I have run into one other problem I am not sure how to handle. The prop has gotten eaten twice now, can that happen without actually hitting some thing? Like from Vibrations? My right bracket that holds the prop, the screw appears to have stripped out, I am assuming from the vibrations.

https://goo.gl/photos/Drfy84htcGHZSNDdA

Hopefully can see that.