Thread: Torched lol

RC Racer

Torched lol

Man this is a gun little truck.. I took it out tonight after replacing the drive shafts with the upgraded aluminum ones. This is only my 2nd battery through the truck.. I'm running completely stock..

I was playing on a clay baseball field spins, slides, donuts, jumps just having a blast..

When I noticed my steering was a tad off (plus the need to give u controller to.add some.expo VERY TOUCHY) LOL I stopped it and looked just as I figured grass and clay that'll stop anything lol. So I drive it over to the water spout to rinse it out and on the way it stops.

Yup torched the motor.. ahhhhhhh figures lol wish I would have had my temp gun because it didn't feel all that hot. I've read that these little motors are about useless anyway.

Back to the drawing bored.

Has anyone checked to see if there is any better performance and life out of the Team Associated 370, or the Dromida 370??

Im not interested in doing the BL set up right now. This is just my kick around truck that I run with my son. We usually just keep them tossed in the car rtr for whenever we feel the urge..

Thanks

Brian

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I didn't do it!!

RC Enthusiast
    My 9 year brother have been drive like +20 packs his stock teton.With out any motor failures.Motor have taped large airvents and added heatsink.Also recommed do the gearcover extra bearing mod save spur gears.
    Slash 2wd,stampede 2wd,latrax sst

RC Competitor
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219413

(third or fourth post talks about the TA 370 motor)

team associated motor I've heard is decent if you don't want to switch to brushless.. if you do go brushless don't bother trying to find the metal differentials, just stick with the plastic 18t diffs
    Last edited by Topher415; 07-12-2016 at 11:18 AM.

RC poster
    yep TA 370 super with a heatsink over it and dromida allu shocks and its a beast

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topher415 View Post
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219413

(third or fourth post talks about the TA 370 motor)

team associated motor I've heard is decent if you don't want to switch to brushless.. if you do go brushless don't bother trying to find the metal differentials, just stick with the plastic 18t diffs
    is it really that hard to find metal stuff for the diffs?... (spyder gearing, and diff gearing?)

easier to order the stockers and have a bunch on hand huh?

RC Racer
    I can say the Dromida 370 brushed motor is no where near as torquey as the team associated 370 brushed motor. I just installed the dromida 370 motor on it and it isnt the greatest... maybe for top speed brushed runs but for general bashing its lacking power. I need to buy another team associated 370 lol

RC Racer
    I just ordered the TA Super 370, the heat sink, and I found some silver tires and wheels

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXLD8&P=ML

I didn't do it!!

RC Racer
    While waiting for my parts to come in next week sometime. I borrowed the motor from my rally and tried on the wheels while I was at it lol..

I didn't do it!!

RC Racer
    LOL that teton looks mest up with those wheels on it! i bet it drives funny as heck!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfrx720 View Post
    LOL that teton looks mest up with those wheels on it! i bet it drives funny as heck!
    The wife had the batteries in her car at work. I didn't get to try them out. I bet it would have been an odd looking drifter lol

I didn't do it!!

RC Racer
    OK so I went crazy on parts.

Ordered 4 new Sct tires wheels
    Dromida front and rear shocks with appropriate Springs
    TA Super 370 and Heatsink

What shock oil should I use front and rear ??

I didn't do it!!

RC Enthusiast
    up to 30wt
    Slash 2wd,stampede 2wd,latrax sst

RC poster
    you'll have fun with that associated 370 motor. such a big difference from the stock motor and seems leaps and bounds more reliable also. keep us posted!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfrx720 View Post
    I can say the Dromida 370 brushed motor is no where near as torquey as the team associated 370 brushed motor. I just installed the dromida 370 motor on it and it isnt the greatest... maybe for top speed brushed runs but for general bashing its lacking power. I need to buy another team associated 370 lol
    So the Dromida is higher speed, less torque or just less torque? I don't mind a bit slower or less torque if it helps the o overheating problem. I got the Dromida heat sink.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brog1411 View Post
    OK so I went crazy on parts.

Ordered 4 new Sct tires wheels
    Dromida front and rear shocks with appropriate Springs
    TA Super 370 and Heatsink

What shock oil should I use front and rear ??

Could you tell me please, in what no clothing left you all of this bought? you can link to.