Thread: Beach Merv

RC Qualifier

Beach Merv

Hey guys, need some suggestions and help regarding turning my mere into a beach car. I already have paddles, a tbone and a zipper shroud, just wondering if I need to do anything else in terms of protection. Also, how do you guys suggest cleaning a car? Should I hose it down and then use a compressed air machine?

RC Champion
    Hose it down yes, but DON'T use a high pressure attachment or even put your thumb in front of the end for higher pressure. Just let the water flow out if the hose naturally and over the truck. Using high pressure water can force water past the seals into places you don't want it.
    I also don't recommend drying it with an air compressor for the same reason. Just shake/flip off as much water as you can then put it in the sun to finish drying. For sure don't stick it in a closet or basement it's fully dry.
    Dacaur

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! Really appreciate it.

If you have a shopvac you can reverse the flow and get a lot of air moving without too much pressure. Good for blowing the water off without blasting it.

RC Enthusiast
    I would stick to dry sand that way you should only need to use compressed air and a brush to clean it. Wet sand will clump in places and be hard to remove and salt water is very corrosive to your bearings.