How rare are they really?

Hey guys it's been quite a while, have been out of rc for quite some time now and have been debating over if I should sell some stuff

That being said has the 30th anniversary digger body really become that rare? I see it listed for over 300$ on eBay! That's crazy but I'm not sure if that's actually realistic. My 30th digger body has never been used before and has the factory installed lights on it, just wondering if it's even be worth selling or not
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    I would never pay that much for it. It doesn't matter how rare it is. You could sell your for more money. I just think 300 is to hiigh. For 300 I would just go out and buy a rtr rc

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    All of the Monster Jam bodies are crazy money. I wanted a Captain's Curse body, but quickly fell over after seeing the prices.

Not really surprised. Those bodies were popular on RC Recycler when they were being produced as part of the RTR, and bodies that are in mint condition are in demand for monster builds. With Traxxas no longer producing them, it only makes sense that the price would go up.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Just looked on Amazon for Traxxas Monster Jam bodies, there is a Grave digger body for $370, and the full RTR for $650!!!

RC Competitor
    Find out what people actually paid. If it's close to those prices, sell it!

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    research some of the "completed auctions" "Sold listings" on ebay.

It does cost a little bit more to have a reserve, but the reserve is your protection. or just list it for the price you want.

Goodluck!!! im in the market for a Monster Mutt body, the ears and tounge thing make me giggle. one day... one day....
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Looked on eBay and it seems people are getting 200-350 for one which is pretty good I'd say, might hold onto mine a little longer and then sell it in the near future I'm just not too sure yet
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Looked on eBay and it seems people are getting 200-350 for one which is pretty good I'd say, might hold onto mine a little longer and then sell it in the near future I'm just not too sure yet
    Yup. If you have a NIP Monster Jam body, you could make a heck of a killing off of it.

RC Qualifier
    My son's got a GD, and has the original body and the purple one - I retro-fitted lights front and side (eyes).
    If / when he wants to take it out, I'm definitely NOT going to tell him not to put the purple body on if he really wants to.

Thing is 'though, they're a perfectly decent 'basher' MT and are virtually being forced onto shelves which defeats the purpose of them being made in the first place - to provide some fun and give the children / owners something they can relate to.

Al.

Daughters Monster Mutt body is close to done.
    Tried looking on ebay.
    Noticed a RTR went for $600 ( had a few extras though) that's just crazy.
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

RC poster
    I just purchased a Max-D body for a custom stampede build... $149 later... then I found the Team Blue Groove Goldberg body... doh!! One shelve queen body it is and one basher!

RC Enthusiast
    I'm gonna laugh if traxxas releases them after axials deal ends. Then I'm gonna buy 12 Monster mutts! Lol

RC poster
    [img][img]

Just got my Max-D looks awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if traxxas releases them after axials deal ends. Then I'm gonna buy 12 Monster mutts! Lol
    If this does happen, most likely they will be different.

The traxxas and monster jam partnership ended in a lawsuit, I don't think they'd even do them again.

Sort of related, Ive seen the Traxxas monster energy camero selling for a lot of ebay. Never even heard of that model?

Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    The traxxas and monster jam partnership ended in a lawsuit, I don't think they'd even do them again.

Sort of related, Ive seen the Traxxas monster energy camero selling for a lot of ebay. Never even heard of that model?
    Wow... just spent 20 minutes pulling the string on this, very interesting. The lawsuit was Traxxas v FMS. FMS owns the rights to Grave Digger and Maxx D (along with a couple more trucks). Monster Jam, however, is owned by NHRA, which is a separate company, which explains why there are still NHRA items on Traxxas' site. This goes in parallel with how Bigfoot is not owned by Monster Jam, but you can still see a Big Foot truck at select Monster Jam shows.

The long and the short of it (and getting back on topic), is that Feld and Traxxas have a lawsuit about royalties, so most likely there will be no Traxxas models with GD or MD on them in the near future, so snap them $300 bodies off of E-Bay while you still can!

I found one from the new axial grave digger, though it seems expensive as well. Idk if it is the same wheelbase. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Axial-SMT10-Mo...%257Ciid%253A6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner