Thread: Funny car?

RC Enthusiast

Funny car?

Did traxxas release the funny car with the Ford body? It is on the website again. I was hoping they would use the new chevy body.

RC poster
    It is back on the Model Showroom on the website, but you will notice is shows unavailable, and that the actual page for the car has not changed. Hopefully someday we will see a new one, this is a great car.

RC Qualifier
    what I would like to know for parts availability ....
    if they change from ford to chevy .....
    is It the still the same chassis and parts list and chassis components..
    because awhile back i made a custom hard body .. then a short time later ....
    I stuffed the 1/8 scale funny car ,, into a 1/10 scale AMC JAVILIN ...
    the ford body is now on y 5 scale crawler..
    but i still need the parts available for when my dragster goes splat...

RC poster
    I'm sure if they were to make a change on the shell, the chassis would stay the same. No need to redesign the whole thing.

RC Enthusiast
    I M hoping for on board audio. Waiting. To see if they will come out with new 1

RC Enthusiast
    I guess a new funny car not in the works. Oh well. Did not need to spend anymore money right now.

RC poster
    a new batch came out and sold out since your post in July

RC Enthusiast
    Yea. I tried to find 1 when they came out. Sold out pretty quickly. Just got off the phone with traxxas customer service. They have not discontinued it. He told me he thought the last batch that came out had the camero to body but was not for sure. Lets hope it will get a new look.

RC poster
    I just picked up a funny car on Craigslist for a hundred bucks no body though love to find a breast cancer pink body to build a tribute car to my late mother she passed of breast cancer real men wear pink now that that's out there I want to go 4s but I'm not sure how and I have read many forums and still clueless is there some sort of cable I need it have read the process many times still don't understand any one chime in?