RC Competitor

STRC rear shock tower bolts

I've ordered an STRC rear shock tower which comes in two parts, and and I've reqd that the bolts that come with it to hold the two parts together are too short so people have been using longer bolts with nuts.

Does anyone know what size bolts I need? Can they have a hex machine head or do they need to be countersunk?

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    I think I would call STRC to ask them what length those screws should be. The two flat head screws that came with mine worked great. The only thing I did not think about was using some LocTite on them and they came loose. A little bit of blue LocTite fixed that.

RC Qualifier
    are you saying that you have the parts in front of you .....or....
    that you are trying to fix something before you have received the tower the tried the installation on your RC ....
    if the part ha been countersunk for the screws then I would recommend staying with the same style ...
    but if it has no counter sink areas then you will need to use what gives you the best access and room for proper operation ..
    I think if I adds durability and improvement then any modification you do is justified ...
    if you have the parts in front of you then you will have the screw size you need to match and a depth gauge can be made to check the length needed with any number of things including a toothpick ..if you have the parts in front of you...

RC Competitor
    I don't have the tower yet, it's on its way. I wanted to get right screws beforehand so I had them ready when it arrives.

Philip - that's good to know the blue loctite worked. I'd just read somewhere that the supplied screws worked loose, and people had installed longer screws that went right through the part, and put nuts on the ends.

I've ordered some blue loctite.

Thanks