Thread: X maxx slipper

RC Qualifier

X maxx slipper

Does any one know if the x maxx slipper will fit if so do u think it's worth it

If you have a Xmaxx give it a shot. If not, see if one of your friends has one, and if they will let you try one during the up coming off season.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    I have a x maxx but will it be worth it

Who knows. That's why you would have to try it to find out. For me, I have both too, but I'm not having any problems with my XO's slipper. For me...me being a ReglarGuy...I go with if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    I'm honestly not sure it'll fit or how it'll fit looking at the photo -

The XO-1 uses the crush-drive system, which in comparison is quite compact and uses a splined pinion to transmit the power along the prop shaft to the front diff, so it's a very different kind of system, plus space will also be limited in the chassis, so i'm not sure it will be an easy fit.

Generally on a road car you don't really want a slipper clutch either, you want all the power transmitted to the wheels. The crush-drive system merely softens the impact on the drive-train but transmits as much of the power as possible to the wheels.

On loose surfaces, the slipper clutch absorbs shock loads on the driveline and gives an off-road car the strength to blast full throttle across rough and rugged terrain. So if say a wheel/diff gets stuck, the slipper clutch will save the expensive electronics and stop them burning out. Generally on road, wheels/diffs don't get stuck, so no need for a slipper clutch on road, thus most on road cars are either direct drive, or like the XO-1, have a bumper system in the drive-line to ease loading and reduce long-term stress.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the pics

If your looking to add a slipper clutch check out Er33's thread. He did it by modifying a slash 4x4 clutch. It's works great. He actually made one for me so I have first hand knowledge on it. The great thing about is I now can run any mod 1 gears now. Check out his build thread. https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...-Gt8-XO1-build