Thread: Aton wobble

RC poster

Aton wobble

Hello,
    I recently got a new Aton at the beginning of July. What I am experiencing is at lower speeds, it flys nice and smooth. But when I punch the throttle while flying horizontally(full pitch), I get a significant wobble in the roll direction. Im no expert, but it feels like the flight s/w is oscillating trying to compensate for an out-of-balance, or weak motor condition. Has anyone else experienced this? This has happened since flight #1. I have currently flown it 3 times. No crashes. I am on the lastest firmware.
    Things Ive done:
    Swapped batteries (with another 3000mah battery)
    Rotated props.
    Replaced all 4 props.
    Spun up the motors without any props-- seems OK.
    Checked for any cracks in frame-- seems OK.
    Recalibrated gyros/accel/compass.

nothing seems to help. love the Aton otherwise.
    any advice is appreciated.
    Steve

RC poster
    Have you downloaded the most recent updates? If So, delete and re-install the update. Sometimes there is a glitch.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I just got mine a few days ago and the firmware from March wasn't updated! I guess they can sit on a warehouse shelf for months until they sell. I'd try the update first.

RC Racer
    I read in your original post that you are updated to the latest firmware and have replaced all the props, but the problem still exists...

I had one motor that began to whine/squeal (sounded weird) and it seemed to drag when I spun the prop by hand. Just before I decided to replace it, I noticed my Aton began to drift erratically around its axis... Once I swapped out the motor, it's back to 100% But, I doubt that's your issue...

I'd call Traxxas tech support, they have provided outstanding service for my issues...

Hope you get it sorted out.

RC Racer
    motors for this thing are expensive! I more than likely will retire my aton after i replace its main frame (really bad crash due to backwards drift issue) Not even fun to fly anymore.

RC Competitor
    Call Traxxas support not normal. Call before you have any other problems. They can help.