RC Competitor

What Batteries you using?

I have an Aton and have 3 of the 5000 3S batteries, run time is ok. Was looking at the 8400 3S but how much run time and any speed difference? What batteries are you guys running?
    Thanks for any help

RC Competitor
    Just not sure if I buy 1 more 5000 or some 8400's

RC Qualifier
    Thinking you'd have to modify the battery tray to make that fit .. what's the weight difference between the 2 ? I know my Aton climbs much better with the 3000mah than the 5000.

sent from Northern Vermont

I bought the 6400's, the 8400's are like bricks and 5000 weren't enough run time as i tried them in my Spartan a while back
    I got 12min but was taking it pretty easy at about half to 3/4 throttle and it was an absolute blast. I'm working on adding a second water pickup as Im in AZ and the water is so hot here, I got bigger water line and bored out the rudder a bit.

RC Racer
    I prefer the 5000's over the 8400's. 84's felt too heavy and not as easy to balance in the tray. I get 20 - 24 minutes on the 5000's plus you should regrease the drive cable then also.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    I prefer the 5000's over the 8400's. 84's felt too heavy and not as easy to balance in the tray. I get 20 - 24 minutes on the 5000's plus you should regrease the drive cable then also.
    So if I do a run on my 5200 lipos, then I put in another, I should re grease inbetween? I'm new to this and from what I have read it seems a lot of people clean and regrease every time, but even after every lipo run? How quickly do the grease disappear? If that is the case, I should bring my wrenches, grease, and a some paper towels to grease the cable when I also change the lipos out.