CF Wrap.....Something different!

Wanted to see how hard it would be to wrap the boat in Carbon Fiber Vinyl, turned out pretty good I think but definitely a lot more plain compared to to the stock paint scheme.
    Optically the white makes the boat look longer!!
    Was considering using Blaze Plasti Dip but the wrap will be easier to remove if i want to change the colors up..

Last edited by djmaincheese; 07-20-2016 at 08:26 PM.

RC poster
    Looks great

RC Competitor
    Looks sweet! I would like to wrap just the cockpit and see what that looked like. Nice job, now if there was only a kit!

RC Racer
    How does it reference on the water at a distance, can you keep it in good site on the water with that color? Looks good on the stand.

Thanks guys...

I really don't run my boats very from me in the event it shuts down or flips for whatever reason. I run it up and down the bank of the lake as it easier to run a bit vs swimming or having to get a rescue boat for it. I will post some pictures next week but I imagine it will be easy to spot with the white sides right against the dark water even if it does get away from me.
    Just waiting on some bigger cooling line and extra water pickup, Its hot here in AZ so I'm trying to keep the motor and esc cooled separately.

RC Racer
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    That's sharp! And the red interior works with the black and white carbon fiber.

RC poster
    I love that look. I was not even considering buying this boat because of its stock appearance. I may just buy it now !! How does everyone that owns this boat like it overall ??

RC Racer
    I think it looks awesome! Love the black and white. Really shows off the nice lines on the hull. Really resembles a Skater. Good job!

RC Enthusiast
    were or how can i donthst

Whoa, I want that boat!

RC Racer
    Don't show us this if you can't sell us this. More pics of construction would be great.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    Don't show us this if you can't sell us this. More pics of construction would be great.
    completely agree, how did you do this, ware did you get the wrap, did you strip the hull, is this a blank hull ect.

Question

This makes me want an M41 now. That Carbon looks awesome, better than stock imo. Did you need a heat gun to do this? I been looking into playing around with carbon wrap for a little bit now, but just not sure how hard it is to deal with.

Thanks, yeah heat gun on the low setting and just go slow. Its a bit of pain in the tight corners but you can cut some thin slits with a hobby knife so it doesn't bubble back up. Took me a few hours but once i started I was excited to see the end result. There is a guy that makes wraps on eBay (Darkside Studios) he may be able to cut you one out of carbon fiber instead of his graphic designs and save you a ton of time

Quote Originally Posted by Fueler941 View Post
    This makes me want an M41 now. That Carbon looks awesome, better than stock imo. Did you need a heat gun to do this? I been looking into playing around with carbon wrap for a little bit now, but just not sure how hard it is to deal with.

Thanks dj! Yeah I was looking at his designs for the E-Revo body, but didnt like any of them. :P I still can't get over how awesome your wrap looks though on your M41!

Too bad black would be too hard to see?
    I like using same colors. Black and leave cockpit red. Now that would be unique.

RC Qualifier
    Great job!!! How did you get the vinyl under the windshield?
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH