RC poster

ESC led flashes green and receiver led does not light up at all

I just purchased a brand new traxxas slash 4x4. Only ran one full battery charge through it then I decided to swap out the chassis with a LCG one. When I was doing that I hooked up the electronics to zero out the steering so I could get the front end on I found that the ESC did nothing but flash green and the receiver did not show any life at all. I decided to just put it all back together and deal with this after I was done with installing the chassis. After I finished and plugged everything in the car still would not work at all. I found out that the flashing green esc light means the throttle trim is off but I can't adjust it because my receiver is not turning on. I know it's getting power because when it's plugged into the esc it gets very warm. Not sure what to do. Do I replace the ESC or receiver?
    Last edited by JRHNBR; 07-20-2016 at 11:48 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    should not be getting warm at all double check all your connections something is not right.... I think your steering servo might be jammed and could be causing problems....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    should not be getting warm at all double check all your connections something is not right.... I think your steering servo might be jammed and could be causing problems....
    I tried it without the steering servo plugged in and I got the same result. Doesn't work even when the servo isn't connected to anything so I don't think it's jammed.

Is your ESC connected to the right slot on the receiver?
    There are 2 slots for channel 1 (steering servoAs) and the third slot is for channel 2 (ESC).

Probably not the problem, but had to ask...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Is your ESC connected to the right slot on the receiver?
    There are 2 slots for channel 1 (steering servoAs) and the third slot is for channel 2 (ESC).

Probably not the problem, but had to ask...
    Yeah it's all set up correctly. I'm just going to buy a receiver. Only $20 on Amazon. If it doesn't work I'll RMA the ESC.

RC Qualifier
    It sounds to me as if the receiver is not getting power. I'd check the connection between the ESC snd receiver. Which Slash model is it?
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

Have you called Traxxas support? It is a new truck so all of the electronics are still under a full replacement warranty.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

Have you called Traxxas support? It is a new truck so all of the electronics are still under a full replacement warranty.
    I ended up buying a new receiver from Amazon and it fixed my problem. The thing is I accidentally bought the receiver that didn't support TSM so I have to buy another one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHNBR View Post
    I ended up buying a new receiver from Amazon and it fixed my problem. The thing is I accidentally bought the receiver that didn't support TSM so I have to buy another one.
    OBA is the exact reason I asked "which model slash"
    The steering servo plugs into channel 1 on the receiver. Channel 1, has two slots
    The black connector from the ESC plugs to the black connector on the OBA model.
    The long red and black wires with the red connector, plug into the red connector on the OBA
    The short red and black wires with the red connector are not used unless you have an ESC fan.
    The gray connector from the OBA plugs into channel 2 on the receiver (this is the third slot)
    The green connector from the OBA plus into channel 3 on the receiver.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromen View Post
    OBA is the exact reason I asked "which model slash"
    The steering servo plugs into channel 1 on the receiver. Channel 1, has two slots
    The black connector from the ESC plugs to the black connector on the OBA model.
    The long red and black wires with the red connector, plug into the red connector on the OBA
    The short red and black wires with the red connector are not used unless you have an ESC fan.
    The gray connector from the OBA plugs into channel 2 on the receiver (this is the third slot)
    The green connector from the OBA plus into channel 3 on the receiver.
    The one I have doesn't have OBA. It's just the standard slash 4x4 fox edition.

Quote Originally Posted by JRHNBR View Post
    Don't buy another! Call Traxxas support and tell them your problem and what you found out. Let them send you free parts to honor their warranty.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Don't buy another! Call Traxxas support and tell them your problem and what you found out. Let them send you free parts to honor their warranty.
    I already bought another one. And it was only $30. Not that big of a deal.