Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    748

    Diferance between vxl and brushed?

    I just got a used stampede 4x4, noticed it has the flex shaft from the brushed version in it. are there and other diferances? ( besides motor and esc )

  2. #2
    RC Champion traxxasfan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    in sunny CA
    Posts
    1,113
    I believe the diff ring and pinion might be different(?). The tires are also different.
    Too much power is just enough

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    44
    There are quiet a few. Aluminum center drive shaft, turnbuckles, front and rear diffs are geared different for more speed in vxl, etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier JohnnyHildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by metblack328i View Post
    There are quiet a few. Aluminum center drive shaft, turnbuckles, front and rear diffs are geared different for more speed in vxl, etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    far more speed.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Briber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by knall View Post
    I just got a used stampede 4x4, noticed it has the flex shaft from the brushed version in it. are there and other diferances? ( besides motor and esc )
    http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200813

    Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    605
    I can see why the price difference now. I thought it was just the electronics and tires.
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Thank you so much for that link!!!!! I have almost $0 into it so far now to see how much the conversion will cost.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Briber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by knall View Post
    Thank you so much for that link!!!!! I have almost $0 into it so far now to see how much the conversion will cost.
    Usually converting isnt worth it out of the box all at the same time. Convert to vxl parts as you break things though...

    Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    605
    Breaking parts just means better upgrades
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •