RC Racer

Finally Converted to LCG

Well it finally happened lol a little late in the game, but I am now a Slash 4x4 LCG owner! I've been running my HCG Slash for about 2 years now and I decided to find out what all the fuss is about with the LCG. The converison was super easy because I've had my slash apart more times than I can remember. The only thing I had to check out on the instructions was the servo mounting and how the tie bar was orientated. I did notice that centering the servo was a pain in the a** with having to take the front bulkhead loose first. But I like it so far, I haven't ran it yet, but I will report back soon!

The parts haul!

Freshly dyed LCG chassis!

Low and Mean!

RC Enthusiast
    It looks good.

Congrats,

Yup the srvo for me too was a pain.....infact I left it as is and will re-do the whole thing. My car will not turn as well as when I had the hcg.
    Last edited by Jezza; 07-27-2016 at 06:02 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    I agree that the servo stuff was quite difficult on the LCG. I go the chassie alone (not the entire kit) and bought all the other stuff separately. While doing so I missed that I needed the curved rod end Once everything was in place I only used some of all the screws to assemble the truck enough to made the initial adjustments. When it seemed I had equal steering (left-right) and pretty much super center steering trim I went ahead and put the rest together.

Later I got the RPM front bulkhead which allows a quicker access to the servo/steering bay (you can remove the front bulkhead while letting the bellcrank remain on the chassi).
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Well the only issue had was the tekno center drive shaft dog bone was rubbing the front of the chassis at the top and making a clicking noise when driving it. I had to bust out the dremel and sanding wheel and sand a small spot down to clearance it. I also had to sand some of my strc steering bellcrank arm down because it was rubbing as well.

RC Qualifier
    What was your process for dying the chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    I use Dylon fabric dye with one table spoon of salt. Pour the powder dye in boiling water and then pour the whole solution in an oven pan with the chassis inside, let it sit for a few hours and you will see the chassis all nice and dark.

Some people use Rit Dye (liquid)
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Yes liquid rit dye on the grill in an alumnium pan of boiling water for about 30 mins, turn the grill off and let sit for 2 hours in dye and it comes out nice and black.

Awesome LCG! You gonna have lot of fun with it. Looking forward your reports!