RC Qualifier

Traxxas dropped the ball

First the xo-1 is a great car.they dropped the ball by not having parts.parts that they could made for the car

Wheel balancer for our rims

Set up board

Different tire comp.

Different bodies for guys that don't want to do 100mph

Aluminum bell crank ( gpm makes one but gpm stinks )

I know alot of guys could rig some different parts but I think traxxas would sold more if they made the car more set up friendly.not every one is a expert on setting up cars or rigging parts

RC Qualifier
    The car is an expert level 10 if you don't know how to set it up or work with it then it may not be the car for you. For a vehicle that goes 100mph I think they wanted to stay away from accessories and 3rd party accessories because if things didn't go wrong and it hurt someone there would be all kinds of allegations. It would strictly be the driver to blame. I just got my used XO-1 yesterday and getting ready to test and tune with it today. I like the look of the xo-1 body but theres a website which sells like 4-5 different bodies that fit. I believe there is plenty of wheel balancers out there already. Just my 2cents.

RC Qualifier
    What bodies I know there is a vett and alfa but it would be nice to have a r8, bmw m3 just my preference.but they should have a wheel balancer cause the car does 100 mph.like me I didn't even unlock my car I bought the car cause of the size and I know i can always get parts.i could of went with exceed but that's just garbage.there other guys that bought the car for the same reason as me I like to be on the track and I was not going to spend 1200 on a losi.just saying I think traxxas would sold more with at least more bodies and tire options
    Last edited by Albie72; 07-27-2016 at 12:41 PM.

RC Competitor
    I really wish traxxas used thicker lexan for the body. It's so weak and flimsy. I do not trust it at 100mph but there is no other option.
    I managed to make aftermarket slash 4x4 bellcrank fit but it took quite a bit if drilling and filling. There is still a lot of slop in the shoulder screws so it was pretty pointless.
    The biggest problem with the XO-1 is the lack of aftermarket support. There isn't any real parts developed specifically for the xo-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an example of the Corvette body. I truck liner undercoat this as well.

There is a wheel balancer that works very well for the XO's wheels. I can get a picture and some info on it if you want...let me know. Here is a wheel that I have balance using my balancer, lead and some silicon. I don't like using clay.

I would of liked to of seen some after market tire/rim support, but I have to say that these stock wheels run very well. Also, if you do things right, you can change a complete set of tires/rims for under 60 bucks.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 07-28-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Vett is nice bit would love a r8

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadelvi View Post
    The car is an expert level 10 if you don't know how to set it up or work with it then it may not be the car for you. For a vehicle that goes 100mph I think they wanted to stay away from accessories and 3rd party accessories because if things didn't go wrong and it hurt someone there would be all kinds of allegations. It would strictly be the driver to blame. I just got my used XO-1 yesterday and getting ready to test and tune with it today. I like the look of the xo-1 body but theres a website which sells like 4-5 different bodies that fit. I believe there is plenty of wheel balancers out there already. Just my 2cents.
    +2 on your thoughts... I attempted 100MPH a few times but after around 80MPH I would flip on my roof I did not hit anything
    But I figured I better keep my XO-1 below 80MPH until I figure out a proper setup for my XO-!

RC Racer
    Btw my losi r8 1/6 scale got some bolt on stuff for more downforce in the front. If you drill 2 small holes its possible to run dual front wing on xo.

RC Qualifier
    Do u have pics of what u did

RC Racer
    Just noticed that the part i used is not a separate spare part. It come with the r8 body

The new Viper, the one that set records @ every track it entered has those little eyebrow spoilers IIRC.

I wouldn't think they'd be too hard to fab up.

RC Qualifier
    Would love if some one made them for the xo-1 like rpm

RC Qualifier
    Also a aluminum front clip that the front lip hooks up to.it will give it a little weight and it won't bend

you can do anything and everything to any RC out there, One is only limited by his/her imagination and knowledge. like others have said maybe this rc isn't for you... there are articles, how-to's, part sites, forums, and much more to learn from and clubs and tracks and etc you can go to, to meet people for info, knowledge, Research and be hands on and you'll be amazed.

RC Qualifier
    I been into rc since I was a kid my first rc car was the frog .I know there are no limits but limits of tools.i don't have a cnc if I did I would be making my own parts.im talking about the business side it would be nice if there was a traxxas wheel balancer and set up board also different bodies for guys that don't want to do 100mph but love the size of the car.i bought this car for the size also I blue printed this car it drives like its on rails and almost perfectly straight at take offs but it would be nice if I didn't have to rig a balancer.

RC Competitor
    There are a lot of parts already out there, with the XO-1 having so many shared parts with other Traxxas cars, and other parts are popping up here and there, and most of which are great quality too. Yes Traxxas could probably produce a range quite easily, but fundamentally the car is pretty good as it is. I'm certainly the sort of person who doesn't really care about the 100mph speed capability, I much prefer circuit driving my cars, and that's mainly why I chose the killerbody shells I did - the Corvette and Alfa 8C.

I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot to make new front spoilers, canards etc, but there are reasons some of the stock parts are plastic - price to produce and for customers to replace but also safety, this is the main reason no-one will want to produce metal or even carbon front spoilers and canards. For example, hitting a kerb with a plastic spoiler, annoying, but cheap and easy to replace. But what If you had a metal or carbon spoiler and crashed into someone by accident at speed, best case scenario is you'd probably cut them quite deeply and the worst case scenario isn't imaginable!

As for set-up boards specifically for the XO-1, if there was a need and a want for them in large numbers, i'm sure someone would make them, but there obviously isn't. I personally have corner weight scales, and I know if I wanted or needed a wheel balancer, I could get one quite cheaply, so things are out there if you're prepared to look a bit deeper.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slash8ight View Post
    I really wish traxxas used thicker lexan for the body. It's so weak and flimsy. I do not trust it at 100mph but there is no other option.
    I plan to Shoe Goo/mesh tape my body for added strength and rigidity. I've just done that for my Slash 4x4 and X-Maxx and it really helps. I sprayed Plasti Dip over the shoe Goo and tape on the X-Maxx and it's really solid. Sure it adds weight but on the X-Maxx and XO-1 not a big deal. I also plan to get the Killerbody Alfa Romeo body, I like them but that's just my preference.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    First the xo-1 is a great car.they dropped the ball by not having parts.parts that they could made for the car

Wheel balancer for our rims
    I used a Du-Bro prop balancer. I removed one of the hubs to attach the wheel to the balancer and works well. I already had the Du-Bro to balance my Phantom props. Anyway, I was astounded at how out of balance the wheels were. I don't know how much weight I put on but it was a lot! I would think Traxxas would have these wheels perfectly balanced on a car like this. A car this fast needs balanced wheels! Before balancing, the car shook like crazy and that was only running 50 or so.

Mine pulls hard to the right on acceleration but I understand some of the reasons why, working on dialing things in. The balancing helped handing a lot. I've added sway bars but haven't tested yet. I'm just working my way through things one at a time to see what helps and what doesn't. I have shims to add yet to take some slop out of the suspension and plan to mess with the diff fluid to help track better. I was surprised how poorly it handled out of the box at first and I have to say I was disappointed. After gaining some knowledge it's kind of fun to work through it and make it better. I used to do a lot of mods on my diesel truck, this is not much different although easier and cheaper!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hink10 View Post
    I plan to Shoe Goo/mesh tape my body for added strength and rigidity. I've just done that for my Slash 4x4 and X-Maxx and it really helps. I sprayed Plasti Dip over the shoe Goo and tape on the X-Maxx and it's really solid. Sure it adds weight but on the X-Maxx and XO-1 not a big deal. I also plan to get the Killerbody Alfa Romeo body, I like them but that's just my preference.
    Shoe goo and mesh reinforcement helps a lot to make the body rigid. it wont stop the body from bending permanently and cracking from high speed crashes...into tires...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk