RC poster

1/10 Slash 4x4 VXL Used Question

Hi all, first post. I have the opportunity to buy a used Slash 4x4 VXL on consignment from my local hobby store. It comes RTR with radio and a nimh battery for $325 (no charger, but that's OK). I don't know the exact model, the stock body is blue/yellow. No self-righting or engine sounds. Tires are somewhat worn, body is scratched, shocks could maybe use fluid. No actual damage from what I could tell. What do you guys think, is this fair/should I go through with it? Thanks.
    Last edited by JMan22; 07-27-2016 at 06:06 PM.

That's kinda high for a stock used one...I'm also pretty sure a moderator is going to tell ya this conversion does not belong in the marketplace
    2650Kv sl4sh 8S Rally erevo 2 sl4sh 4 kids

RC poster
    Sorry, I didn't know where else to put it. It's not about driving or upgrading.

I'd say look here to get a rough idea of what used prices are. My 2$, prices vary depending on condition and stock vs how modified and why modifications are done...I'd say ask this quiz the Slash 4x4 forum
    2650Kv sl4sh 8S Rally erevo 2 sl4sh 4 kids

Quote Originally Posted by JMan22 View Post
    Hi all, first post. I have the opportunity to buy a used Slash 4x4 VXL on consignment from my local hobby store. It comes RTR with radio and a nimh battery for $325 (no charger, but that's OK). I don't know the exact model, the stock body is blue/yellow. No self-righting or engine sounds. Tires are somewhat worn, body is scratched, shocks could maybe use fluid. No actual damage from what I could tell. What do you guys think, is this fair/should I go through with it? Thanks.
    I think you may be able to talk him down. If it had a lipo and charger I don't think it would be a bad deal.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Getting a slash for that price is a good deal even if it has some bad parts. Like el sob said there is always the possibility or talking it down to 300 or even lower.
    Too much power is just enough