RC poster

Can steering we increase on hot racing axle carriers?

Hi everyone. After doing some upgrades on my merv one of the things that I noticed was the slop on the stock axle carriers. After doing research I tried the RPM ones. I like them. These are snug when it comes to fit but the problem I've had was that the pivot balls will come off when doing serious bashing. I bought a new set for the front ones but the problem persisted. So I'very kept RPMs for axle carriers in the back and bought a set of the Hot Racing aluminum axle carriers. Way much better reliability. The only problem I've found and want to see if there is a solution is that the steering angle is limited a lot. It's there something that can be done to increase the steering ratio and achieve an steering performance like the one in the RPMs?
    Thanks for any feedback, Frank.

When the knuckles are the limiting factor for steering range, I'm afraid there is noting you can do about it.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    Grind whatevers hitting....
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Thanks for the response but, is this normal with HR knuckles?

RC Champion
    I haven't heard about it that I can recall.... maybe you screwed your pillow balls in to far when you put it back together? What's hitting exactly?
    Pics?
    Dacaur

RC poster
    They are not hittingoing nothing. The only issue is that the movement sideways is very limited compared to the traxxas or RPM ones. I don't know if the Hot Racing ones are just like that from factory or there is something that can be done, or maybe I am not doing, that will increase the steering ratio. Thanks for any response, Frank.

RC Qualifier
    The HR knuckles have all the same geometry as the stock. Mine have not had any issue with steering travel. The limiting factor would be the pillow balls are to far in causing the knuckle to hit the a-arm or your servo is not going full travel.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Qualifier
    Or you assembled the pillow balls with the threaded hexes and cups wrong. Or they're too tight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    ERBE, EMBE, big block MERV, Sl4sh

RC poster
    Thanks for the responses