RC poster

Question 2 singles chargers or 1 multi charger

My son and I just got 2wd slash. We want to do the races on the weekends at the local track. Planning on using lipo 2s 5000mah packs. Are we better off buying 2 individual chargers or 1 that can charge multiple packs. I have looked online and I must say I am confused at the amount of chargers on the market. Can you guys give some recommendations on a decent charger/s?
    Thanks Mark

It would be a lot simpler to buy a multi charger and a great one for its price is the Hitec X2 AC Plus.
    Too much power is just enough

I really like multi-chargers. Me and my son use a "quattro" charger very similar to this that one that can charge (or put into storage) 4 lipos at once. It's just easier to carry than loads of individual chargers.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBKAK&P=ML

You should easily get two heats/races from one fully charged 5000mah lipo so you should only need two lipos each on race days.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Qualifier
    Get the Multi charger. It's so much easier to haul around than two singles

RC Racer
    When I started racing I had just 1 single charger. I was only racing 1 car at that time. Now I have 3 cars, I opted to buy another single charger instead of a multi charger because of the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Hitec X2 AC Plus
    This works into our budget better than the quad for now. Do you guys recommend changing connectors on the slash to something that connects easier with the charger?

RC Qualifier
    How much racing are you talking about doing in that day. With 5000mah batteries you should have more than enough run time racing and not worry about charging while at the track. I run 5000mah and we run two qualifying rounds and the main and still have enough batteries time for running laps after the races are finished.

RC poster
    For now we are starting out maybe the beginners race and possibly boxstock.

RC Racer
    I like to start each race with a fresh battery. Nothing worse than hitting lipo cutoff before the race ends. Been there, done that...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Factory Spec 7.4V 5000mAh 40C Traxxas
    I just ordered 2 of these to get us going. Along with the Hitec X2 AC plus charger. Bought several traxxas batteries connectors and one extra balance board too. After watching several youtube reviews that pointed out the couple accessories needed. Going to pick out one slash at the track/shop tomorrow for myself.
    We invited some family friends with us to the to watch the races last weekend. Now my friend is also buying a truck to race. Looking forward to some fun times ahead.

RC Qualifier
    I bought an expensive charger, Thunder power for $120. After warranty the dc converter failed. My 55 dollar charger still works.

I buy the 680 ac chargers now for $40 and they last. If one fails I still have the others. Don't put all your eggs in one basket I say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk