Thread: Body Question

RC Enthusiast

Body Question

I been looking at aluminum bodies. like the Integy Aluminum one. Looks really nice but the dimensions they specified for a battery is like 135 mm length 40 wide and 30 mm high. I use the 11.1 5000 mah that is like 145 mm long .That pretty much leaves out every traxxas lipo battery even the 11.1 4000 mah lipo is too wide. or am i mistaken and they gave me the wrong details? anyone have experience with this body? is there a good body out there? I cant seem to find a decent one. The stock one is okay but i wanted to give my truck a lil more since all i have left for stock is the upper deck and chassis. the rest is all upgraded aluminum

Are you talking about bodies, or chassis?

As far as I know, no one makes an aluminum body for the Rustler.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Someone in the Rustler forum had/has pics on the FLM one. Can not search right now for you. Here's a link......
    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/products.php?cat=14
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    chassis sorry. I tried the flm one and its kinda lousy. I wasn't really impressed with its design. is really open on the bottom inviting dirt and wear and tear on the wiring and the controler box. i sometimes like using my truck in dirt. thats why i been looking at the Integy Aluminum one but what they told me my batt will not fit and the description of the batt slot is really odd none of the traxxas ones will fit unless someone has any info on that one and what they used.

i was looking at the extreme racing ones they have the g10 and the extended carbon fiber one. anyone have any info on those bodies? What size batts will fit? im bored with the stock chassis on my rustler but i have no clue if my lipo will fit in the extreme ones or the integy one. The integy looks really sweet looking but may not work for me.. I use the 11.1 5000 mah traxxas one. its almost 1/2 inch longer than stock.
    Last edited by Tempestwolf; 08-03-2016 at 09:59 AM.

RC Racer
    on another thread someone is doing an all aluminum build with the Integy chassis and he address the issue of the battery. He has gone to Velcro straps.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ustler-Rebuild

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaavisto View Post
    on another thread someone is doing an all aluminum build with the Integy chassis and he address the issue of the battery. He has gone to Velcro straps.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ustler-Rebuild

Nice Man Thank you. I looked up the batt he used vs mine and it should actually fit his batt is longer and wider than what Integy specified to me in a email. awesome They may be one of my final upgrades on my rustler. I tried that FLM one and while it looks nice. i just find the open holes where i mount the reciver and how the wires are pretty much all exposed to be a lil much for my tastes. If a branch hits it just right there goes my wires or my esc or a nice hole in the body. I may use the body to build a second rustler since i have all the old parts off my rustler. motor reciver the esc tires axles etc etc etc Maybe ill do such . be pretty cool to have a second rustler to beat the crap out of See how much it takes to smoke a titan