RC poster

Merv center diff

Has anyone used the hot racing steel one way bearing diff? How does it hold up to abuse of bashing and slight racing tired of wheelies and backflips want to make it more drive able

My merv has the Vxl system with hot racing aluminum trans case with hardened steel gears
    New shimmed diffs
    New driveshafts
    Rpm red a arms up front
    Crappy integy front body aluminum mount
    Fresh dyed red chassis due to girlfriend running slash in to it lol good story on that one
    I run parallel 3s 20c venoms gearing is30/50 roughly running 45-55 mph not sure as I can't keep it on the ground lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I have used it and it broke. You loose front braking, I used it a few times before the one-way bearing went out completely.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Champion
    A one way center differential will not keep you from wheelying. While accelerating it acts like a normal locked tranny, then free wheels when you stop accelerating. Like the guy above said, you lose front braking.

What you want if you want to wheely less is normal center diff. IMO, a one way center diff is useless in a truck like this....
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Ok well that's understandable has anyone found a all metal gear type front diff that doesn't have the one way bearing don't want to mesh plastic in the all aluminum case and harnes steel gears its defeat the purpose of have min the steel gears in the first place
    I have yet to find one but find plenty of traxxas plastic ones

RC poster
    I actually got this truck in trade on a nitro revo with a os.18 tm just got tired of dealing with buying nitro and all te up keep and maintenance to only find this merv is a pain to work on with how small it is but it's easily carried and parts are much cheaper the the fullsize version and not so loud lol

Once you get familiar with the MERV it is not so bad to work on!
    Rustler | MERV | Summit | Slash Ultimate | Slash

RC poster
    No not really so far I put new bulk heads both driveshafts and new drive shafts while I had it apart for the chassis lol

RC Champion
    Try working on some of the other minis out there and you will soon change your tune...
    You have to take apart half the truck to replace the servo in a savage xs.... I have an off brand mini that to access a diff you have to take out like 12 screws and then the whole top comes off, and the whole drive train just falls out, front and rear, then to get it back together you need 3 of your hands to hold it all in while your other two hands plush the top and bottom back together....

the mini revo being so modular is a huge plus, and nothing is unusualy hard to get to. The ONLY thing that makes it hard to work on is size. At least you don't have to contend with a stupid design in addition to tiny parts....
    Dacaur