RC Competitor

Traxxas skully charger

I bought my son a skully for his birthday and was surprised and disappointed when I opened the box and found a charger with only a 12v adapter for a car cigar lighter. Does anyone have any insight as to why Traxxas would have done this, and why they think it's a good option for any vehicle let alone one more directed towards younger kids.

RC Racer
    I don't know why they do this. I bought a Telluride about a month or so. It came with the same thing. They used to come with a wall charger if I remember correctly. Maybe they have a reason. Need to maybe call and ask.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I've bought several and along with my brother in law. They all came with wall chargers. We were shocked when we opened this and saw the charger. I think I'll send an e mail and ask

4A vs 0.35A
    Powered by multiple sources.

My question to you is why you've had multiples of these trucks and haven't bought a "real" charger. The included ones are IMO not meant for use as your primary charging device.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-12-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: fixed charge rate
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Including a 12VDC charging instead of a wall charger is an oddity. If I understand the rational correctly, it is for people to take their RCs out and be able to charge them in their car, but that is kind of at odds with the whole idea of an RTR package for people that are new to the hobby, they pretty much want to charge the pack(s) at home. It would make more sense if the charger was dual mode, and could be powered by AC or DC.

With that, the included charger is really there to just get you started. Upgrading to a hobby-grade charger is a worthwhile investment if you are going to be in this hobby any length of time.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

My opinion: They feel most people would buy a real charger if they dont already have one. Many RTRs (other brands included) dont come with a charger at all actually.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Add a very cheap DC power converter and you have a charging system that the wall warts could never dream of being.
    Look at it this way too: if you travel to South America or elsewhere, you can still use the charger because all modern cars have a 12V negative earth electrical system.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Again this is my son's truck. I have a very capable charger, and run lipo in all my trucks. But trying to teach my son if he wants to run his truck he has to tend is own batteries is impossible when his truck doesn't come with a charger he can use.

I am with KSB on this, why would anyone want a wall charger? For someone who has multiples would/should know they are not worth it except to help someone who never had an R/C and needed to charge it until they figure out there are better ones that are faster and better for your batteries. If they did not supply one then it would not be RTR,
    RTR Nitro's need fuel and that's not included, just saying
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Competitor
    And this is why I quit posting on the forum in the first place. If you read my post above yours, you would understand. Why would I want to buy my son, just starting out in RCs an expensive charger, he's just beginning. A wall charger would be a good charger for him to use until he can save up money from bday Xmas and chores and buy himself a charger that fits his needs. I didn't come here to get stupid replys about me not having a charger. I have a charger, but this isn't my truck it's my son's. What if this was a truck bought for someones kid who's parents don't have rcs. The kid wouldn't be able to charge his battery then the parents would have to go spend more money

RC Qualifier
    This IS confusing.

You have four choices:

1. Let him use your fancy charger or one of the multiple chargers you have from the other trucks you bought that came with the wall charger.

2. Buy a wall charger for less than $10......https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-2921-...axxas+chargers

3. PM me your address and I'll send you one of the six I have taking up space in my tool box.

4. Try to understand why a large corporation made a decision to cut costs and then be cranky on the forum

Your call......

^^ well put lol
    10 RCs and counting 😅